Senior Structural Engineer | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Technical Advisor Position Description - Jan 2019.pdf (PDF, 413KB)
Senior Technical Advisor Position Description - Jan 2019.pdf (PDF, 345KB)
Job Specific Information Structural and Senior Structural Engineer - Jan 2019.pdf (PDF, 195KB)
|Application Close Date:||10-Mar-2019|
- Be the builders of change in the building system!
- Influence key decisions within the building systems sector
- Flexible working arrangements available
Be part of the biggest reform of the building regulatory system in the last 15 years.
We are looking for a Structural Engineer / Senior Structural Engineer to help us create a better building sector - not only for those in the industry, but for all New Zealanders.
Play your part in shaping one of New Zealand's leading sectors that employs 250,000 workers and is set to contribute more than $41 billion to New Zealand's economy in 2023.
About the role
As a Structural Engineer within the Building Performance & Engineering team, you can influence key decisions within the building systems sector to ensure the safety of all New Zealanders.
You will be responsible for assessing and shaping the performance settings in the Building Code as it relates to structural engineering.
You will interact, consult, and engage with stakeholders across the industry and provide information and advice to the Minister on recommended changes to the Building Code system.
You will also provide internal advice and recommendations to the wider Building System Performance branch at MBIE.
Skills and experience for the role
- We're looking for fully qualified and chartered structural engineers with New Zealand-specific design experience.
- You have a talent for communicating technical information in a way that is clear and easy to understand for non-technical audiences.
- Ideally, you will have experience in steel construction and design.
- You are an excellent project manager and are confident in your ability to manage your own time and meet deadlines.
- Previous regulatory experience would be a bonus.
Come work with smart and driven people that want to make a difference
MBIE is an incredibly diverse organisation, employing more than 4,000 people across a range of roles. We share a commitment to growing New Zealand for all.
We create opportunities for our people to gain experience in different parts of our organisation.
We are committed to providing more contemporary, flexible ways of working so our people can work in a way that best suits them, their work and their life. That includes giving our people more choice about when, how and where they work.
Click on the APPLY button below in order to start the online application process. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
We welcome your questions and enquiries regarding these roles. Please feel free to email Marg.Kennedy@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1378649.
Applications close on Sunday 10 March 2019.