Investor Relationship Manager | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Investor Programmes - Investor Relationship Manager PD.pdf (PDF, 364KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Oct-2019|
- Exceptional Relationship Managers needed to support, guide and drive Investor migrant movement.
- Your networks, understanding of economic development and immigration policy can be applied to this role
- Permanent role based in the Wellington CBD
MBIE is seeking an exceptional Investment Relationship Manager to join the Investment Team within Immigration New Zealand to develop, drive and deliver the Investor Migrant attraction strategy.
This position is part of the Strategy Engagement and Education Branch and reports to the Director Investment Programme. In this role, you will be a key point of contact for premium investor migrants and prospects both offshore and in New Zealand. You will work closely with private sector partners, regional economic development agencies (EDAs) and government partners within MBIE, NZTE and MFAT.
At MBIE, we look for people who are passionate about New Zealand and enthusiastic about making a positive change to our economy, our people and our safety. If you would like to play an integral part in our Ministry, then please take the opportunity to apply!
While heavily varied and flexible based on demands a typical day may include:
- Providing tailored, guidance and support to migrant investor category applicants and prospects
- Balancing associated immigration risks with investment attraction goals of the investment programme (Read: Country)
- Supporting & encourage the development and constant calibration of the investor programme and its strategies
- Managing MBIE's relationship with key partners such as NZTE, MFAT, EDAs and private sector organisations
- Showcasing New Zealand as the ideal place to live as well as a place to do business – flexibly adapting your engagement and tempo to the needs of each potential investor
- Delivery of relevant briefing notes, Cabinet papers, OIA, Privacy Act requests, Taskforce papers and data requests
- Some domestic and international travel may be required
Skills and experience required:
- Collaborative: A track record of successful collaboration, with public and private sector partners
- Relationship management: Ability to build productive relationships with investors from across the world
- Investment knowledge: Well versed in New Zealand's Investment environment and financial markets including current and emerging propositions
- Immigration knowledge: Ability to learn and understand complex Immigration New Zealand systems, policies and processes
- Risk aware: An awareness of the role of risk, with the ability to effectively identify and manage risks proactively
- Data and insights: A proven track record of working with sensitive data and reporting systems, government or similar
- Public sector: An ability to quickly understand Government decision making and operating procedures
- Languages: A working knowledge of Mandarin would be an advantage although not essential for this role
MBIE is the lead agency for making it easier for business to work with government. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We do this by working with others to help businesses to be more competitive, improving job opportunities and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
Applicants must hold Residency or Citizenship rights to work.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our online careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the online application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Fii.Sanderson@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1378441 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 27 October 2019.