Senior Engagement and Communications Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD Senior Engagement and Communications Advisor - June 2018.pdf (PDF, 339KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Jan-2019|
- Be part of a smart and innovative communications team
- Deliver communications about issues that really matter and make a difference to New Zealanders
- Permanent role, working as part of a fun, high performing and high energy team
About the role
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced Senior Engagement and Communications Advisor to join MBIE's Engagement, Communications and Ministerial Services Branch. In this role you will be responsible for delivering communications advice and services across a diverse portfolio of work within the Market Services Group within MBIE.
Market Services delivers fair markets that thrive. Working with businesses, employees and consumers, we hold people accountable to the rules set for the market in a way that ensures businesses thrive and New Zealanders are protected.
The Engagement and Communications team is at the hub of our media and stakeholder interactions. Working with Minister's offices, internal and external stakeholders, you will be people focused and thrive under pressure and in a fast-paced environment. You will be innovative in your approach to delivering best practice, customer-focused communications and engagement. Working as part of a great team of advisors, you will be encouraged and supported to contribute to the excellent communications service we deliver to the Ministry and our external stakeholders.
Why work for us:
MBIE is one of New Zealand's largest, most influential and most diverse public sector agencies. We work to better support, connect and strengthen businesses. We back New Zealand's talent, ideas and business enterprise through ensuring safe and fair workplaces, developing and supporting the science and innovation system, and streamlining regulation.
MBIE was voted 3rd in a survey of the best places to work in New Zealand. We are able to offer significant opportunities for developing experience across a broad variety of areas.
We aim to create a culture where our people are empowered to bring fresh ideas and perspectives and to develop new approaches.
We also take the time to foster a work environment that is enjoyable for all. This means we like to collaborate, support and encourage our people, encourage excellence and innovation and take the time to have some fun and celebrate our successes.
Skills and Experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- More than five years experience in delivering internal and external communications strategies and plans and supporting material
- Great writing skills and the ability to produce engaging content for a range of channels and stakeholders
- Experience in managing media enquiries.
- The ability to quickly establish and build strong working relationships and to develop trust and credibility with senior managers, staff and key internal and external stakeholders
- Understanding of Government decision-making and operating procedures.
- Proficient at multi-media and digital communications.
- A proactive, can-do attitude with a high level of initiative, sound judgement and discretion
- Ability to set priorities and manage time effectively.
Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or New Zealand permanent residents.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Please e-mail Sarah Frost at email@example.com if you have any further questions quoting reference MB1375664.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday the 27th of January.