Business Analyst - Intellectual Property Office of New Zealand | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Business_Integrity_Services_-_IPONZ_-_Business Analyst June2016.pdf (PDF, 76KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Jan-2019|
- Exciting opportunity within the Intellectual Property Office
- Support the development of new capabilities
- Identify and drive improvement initiatives
- Fixed term through to March 2020
Why work for us?
An exciting opportunity exists for a Business Analyst to be part of IPONZ's Business Systems team. This is a fixed term role until March 2020, based in Wellington.
The Intellectual Property Office of New Zealand (IPONZ) has an excellent global reputation for its online systems and quality management. This is an opportunity to play a key role in the several initiatives planned and underway to maintain and enhance our capabilities. As part of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) IPONZ supports flexible working and offers opportunities for development and collaboration across branches.
About the role.
You will have a key role in quality management within IPONZ, by maintaining IPONZ's process information and identifying and driving process improvement.
As the Business Analyst you will a key role in the analysis, design, delivery and on-going support of new and existing business system capabilities and processes across the Intellectual Property Office.
Skills and experience required:
- Highly developed analytical and conceptual thinking ability
- Experience in gathering, analysing and documenting business requirements
- Skills in the use of process improvement methodologies
- Experience in technical writing and process mapping
- Sound relationship management skills
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Excellent organisational ability
- Must have legal right to live and work in NZ
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
The Intellectual Property Office of New Zealand (IPONZ) is a business unit within the Market Services Group. IPONZ's main activities are in support of the regulatory functions related to intellectual property registers such as trade marks, patents, designs, plant varieties and geographical indications.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be re-directed to our MBIE careers website. Here you can view a full position description at this site, as well as complete the online application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our online process.
Email Rosie Horsfall at Rosie.Horsfall@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1374788 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on the 24th January 2019.