Senior Financial Accountant (Reporting) | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - ER Senior Financial Accountant, Reporting.pdf (PDF, 374KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Jan-2019|
- Challenging complex environment
- Work with a great team of professionals
- Apply your skills and knowledge to shape the financial reporting at MBIE
About the role
Are you passionate about numbers? Can you explain complex accounting issues in plain English? Do you like working in a fast-paced environment? Do you want to grow New Zealand for all as part of the inspirational and innovative team of accountants? If you answered yes to these questions, then a Senior Financial Accountant role at MBIE is for you.
We currently have an exciting opportunity within our External Reporting team for a Senior Financial Accountant with a passion for customers, innovation, collaboration and continuous improvement.
As Senior Financial Accountant you will ensure the completeness and integrity of MBIE's external reporting information to stakeholders. You will lead preparation of financial statements, coordinate responses to the Parliamentary select committees questions and Official Information Act requests, support the audit process and provide operational advice on MBIE's accounting practices.
You will bring your technical expertise to ensure MBIE meets its statutory responsibilities and receives consistent and high quality advice and support. You will manage and build relationships with the relevant teams across MBIE and external stakeholders, including Treasury and Audit NZ, to deliver successful outcomes and seek opportunities for continuous improvement in the financial reporting area.
Why should you join us?
- Enjoy the challenges associated with identifying barriers and facilitating solutions in a complex operational environment.
- Work with a great team and support network.
Skills and Experience
- A self-starter who takes responsibility for own work
- Strong analytical and technical skills supported by proven experience in financial accounting in a medium to large organisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills and ability to articulate complex messages clearly, simply and concisely
- Strong team player able to produce high quality work and act on opportunities
- Ability to form robust professional relationships including collaboration and co-operation with internal and external stakeholders.
- Tertiary qualification in accounting
- Knowledge of machinery-of-government will be an advantage
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website (careers.mbie.govt.nz).
You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Jo Smith at email@example.com quoting reference MBIE/1373635 if you have any further questions.
Applications close 5pm on 23rd January 2019.