Senior Solicitor - Registry Services | Auckland
|Attachments:|| Senior Solicitor December 2018.pdf (PDF, 122KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Feb-2019|
- Join a fast paced and dedicated legal team with no shortage of interesting work!
- Provide high quality legal advice
- Secondment/fixed term through to July 2019
The Business Registries Legal team, commonly referred to as The Companies Office, is a small legal team with an excellent culture and can offer many development and progression opportunities.
We hold a reputation for being innovative, focused on ease of doing business in New Zealand and are highly respected internationally amongst our peers. Enjoy the variety that each day brings with the different people you meet and things you will get involved in leaving a sense of satisfaction each day.
About the role:
The Senior Solicitor will deliver high quality operational legal advice, as required, on a wide range of complex issues arising across the Companies Office and the registers it maintains.
Skills and experience required:
- Ability to provide proactive, commercial and strategic legal advice.
- Experience in advising on statutory and public law obligations.
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills which allow you to convey key messages and ideas or simplify complex issues suitable to the audience.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving ability
- Strong relationship management skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as with others, in particular within the branch and Ministry
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Rosie Horsfall at Rosie.Horsfall@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1372978 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday 22nd Feb 2019.