Senior Accountant - Compliance | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Senior Accountant -Compliance.pdf (PDF, 410KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Jan-2019|
- Exciting role for an innovative and energised candidate to join MBIE's Financial Accounting and Control team
- Deliver a financial control operational policy framework and be the central point of reference for customer support on Financial Control policies and procedures
- Develop guidelines and provide training to managers in the use of financial control policies
- Have excellent verbal, written and presentation skills
About the role
The Senior Accountant - Compliance will have ownership of the financial control operational policy framework and supporting operating procedures. You will champion the implementation and maintain the financial control operational policy framework.
You will have strong focus on controls, policies and procedures with experience in auditing, taxation and improving financial processes and controls. A proven ability to engage pro-actively with stakeholders is important. This is an exciting opportunity for you to work across the wider MBIE business and utilise your relationship management skills to deliver exceptional results.
This role reports to the Financial Lead Control in the Finance and Performance business group.
Why work for us
- You will be part of an influential, energised and high performing team focused on value add customer service and innovative approach to traditional processes
- Enjoy the challenges associated with identifying barriers and facilitating solutions in a complex environment that is evolving over time
- Enjoy the open plan, friendly and supportive team environment that exists within MBIE
Skills and Experience
- Have a strong work ethic and high attention to detail
- Have a understanding of best practice with regards to internal controls, policies and procedures
- Have a good understanding and working knowledge of taxation
- Have well-developed analytical and problem solving skills
- Technical accounting experience in relation to International Public Sector Accounting Standards will be an advantage
- Proven knowledge of financial systems, database queries and the use of reporting tools are essential for this role
- Demonstrated communication, facilitation, influencing and interpersonal skills, with the ability to clearly communicate technical information in plain language
- Demonstrated ability to identify and effectively manage non-compliance areas
- Proven ability to develop trust and credibility with managers and staff
In addition to be considered you will:
- Chartered Accountant with 5-7 years post CA experience in financial roles.
- Must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand
About the organisation and the Group
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow New Zealand for all. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
How to find out more and to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website (careers.mbie.govt.nz).
You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Jo Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference MBIE/1372668 if you have any further questions.
Applications close 5pm on Sunday 27th January 2019.