Senior Insurance Specialist | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Senior Insurance Specialist - December 2018.pdf (PDF, 343KB)
|Application Close Date:||25-Jan-2019|
- Dynamic and challenging role with the ability to make a difference
- Take ownership of strategic outcomes and deliverables
- Opportunity to work with international partners
The New Zealand Government Procurement & Property (NZGPP) branch has, in consultation with The Treasury, been reviewing options for improving the way government agencies approach risk financing and insurance.
The Ministry is developing an all of government risk financing and insurance solution designed to:
- Maximise government's economies of scale
- Develop consistent risk management and insurance practice across agencies
- Capture cost efficiencies
This has created an exciting new opportunity to be part of the team developing the solution.
About the role
The Senior Insurance Specialist will provide risk financing/insurance and project advice and support to the Manager – All-of-Government Risk Financing and Insurance. The Specialist will:
- Contribute to the development of the insurance and risk management based strategy
- Communicate and engage with multiple stakeholders
- Influence the best possible outcome for government
- Analyse New Zealand and global insurance market dynamics
- Assist in the management of project reporting processes
- Support the building of government's body of knowledge in risk financing and insurance
- Implement and manage contracts
This is a key role responsible for assisting in the delivery of robust negotiations of multi-hundred million dollar contractual arrangements that meet common State Sector needs.
Skills and experience
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Practical experience in risk financing/insurance and risk management – ideally a minimum of five years in an insurance industry role
- Excellent influencing ability with multiple stakeholders at all levels – in a global context
- Experience in supporting complex, high value negotiations
- Good understanding of legal frameworks needed to deliver robust contracts
- Ideally some prior knowledge/experience in project management and procurement processes
If you can demonstrate the skills and passion required for this role, we would like to hear from you. For further information and a confidential discussion, please contact Lapulou.Moale@mbie.govt.nz
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” button which will take you to our career website. You will need to complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Friday, 25 January 2019.