Solicitor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description Solicitor 2 .pdf (PDF, 337KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Jan-2019|
- Corporate and Registries Team
- Provide legal advice across all MBIE's operations
- Fixed-term position to June 2020
About the role.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a solicitor to join the MBIE Legal Branch as part of our Corporate & Registries Team.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and highly motivated solicitor to help us to support MBIE's core purpose of growing New Zealand for all.
The Corporate & Registries Team provides legal advice across all of MBIE's operations and in relation to MBIE's 16 regulatory systems. The team also provides advice on governance, integrity and conduct matters that touch the organisation. This creates opportunities for our lawyers to work in relation to a range of different regulatory systems and operational areas, depending on their experience and interest.
With opportunities to work across MBIE's regulatory systems there will be a focus of this role on supporting those working within the Building and Construction system including occupational regulation. Ideally you will have experience in the fields of privacy, official information and regulatory compliance, as well as strong communication and relationship management skills.
You will be working with senior in house counsel and providing advice on a wide range of legal issues. You will need technically proficient, agile, adaptable and a strong communicator.
Qualifications, skills and experience required:
- A tertiary qualification in law and a current practising certificate
- A solid understanding of the mechanisms of government, including regulatory compliance and enforcement or a desire to learn about them
- Strong legal technical skills
- Well-developed written and verbal communication skills (allowing you to convey key ideas and issues in a way that is suitable to the audience)
- Strong relationship management skills and an ability to work well with others
- Enthusiasm, drive and a proactive nature
- Must have legal right to live and work in NZ
MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. At MBIE, we look for people who are passionate about New Zealand and enthusiastic about making a positive change to our economy and our people.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Jo Smith at email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1372635 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 24th January 2019.