Principal Regional Advisor, Manawatu/Whanganui | Palmerston North
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD Principal Regional Advisor Surge Region PDU AUG 2018.pdf (PDF, 356KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Jan-2019|
- Newly created position in the recently established Provincial Development Unit (PDU)
- Facilitate and manage investment in Regional projects
- Lead large scale programmes
- Based in Manawatū-Whanganui, a key priority region
Reporting to the Manager Regional Investment, you will be based in the surge region of Manawatu-Whanganui (that is a region that has been identified as needing early investment to enable provincial growth) supporting and deputising for the Senior Regional Official. You will provide strategic input and leadership across all cross-agency Regional work programmes, and your customer focus will help you to develop strong relationships which facilitate investment.
Leveraging your relationships in the region to drive change, you identify investment ready applications and projects , monitor the progress of programmes, responding to risks and benefits so that investment is enabled and projects are monitored and managed to ensure success. Further you will play a key role in ensuring that the needs of Ministers are met, overseeing ministerial visits, working collaboratively with peers within the PDU to ensure that these are executed successfully.
We are looking for experienced individuals with a passion for the regions, with strategic nous, experience in programme and project management, investment and stakeholder management. To be successful in the role you will need:
- Demonstrable experience project managing large-scale programmes and expertise in project management approaches
- Significant experience in relationship management and developing and maintaining extensive internal and external networks
- Experience in technical decision making and making business decisions with financial impacts
- Substantial experience working in complex environments involving analysis, internal consultation and engagement and interaction with decision makers
- Experience working in local or central government
- The ability to clearly articulate messages to a wide variety of audiences and influence others to move towards a common vision or goal
- Significant experience in relationship management, developing strategic networks
- The ability to work at all levels of the organisation, relating to and gaining the confidence of a diverse range of stakeholders
- Resilience, tenacity and comfort with ambiguity
- A strong track record of achieving results, maintaining a clear focus on long term goals
- Experience coaching and mentoring others
- Local networks/connections
- Tertiary qualification
- The legal right to live and work in New Zealand
About the Unit
The PDU has been established to be the focal point within Government for regional economic development, and to design and implement the PGF.
Through the PGF central government has committed to investing $1 billion per annum over 3 years in regional economic development with the aim of lifting productivity potential in the provinces. Its priorities are to enhance economic development opportunities, create sustainable jobs, enable Māori to reach their full potential, boost social inclusion and participation, build resilient communities, and help meet New Zealand's climate change targets.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Nicola.Hawkins@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1372576 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on 22 January 2018.