Senior Administration Coordinator | Auckland
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Visa Services - Senior Administration Coordinator PD.pdf (PDF, 344KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Feb-2019|
- Do you have superb organisational skills, the ability to work independently, are unflappable, enjoy engaging with others and working with successful and interesting people from diverse backgrounds?
- Permanent position available in Manukau.
- Salary: $45 000 - $50 000
About the MBIE:
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
Immigration New Zealand (INZ) is an extremely complex and dynamic environment. Our officers are highly skilled and driven. We have an opportunity within our fast paced and growing Manukau Office for an admin with a strong Health and Safety background to join our team as Senior Administration Coordinator.
About the role and person specifications:
The Senior Administrator Coordinator is a role that reports to the Office Manager within the Visa Services Manukau branch, the largest visa processing site within INZ – about 280 of us! In this role, you will be undertaking administrative and clerical duties (and sometimes financial) to support the office. You will need great interpersonal skills, with an ability to engage and support staff.
We work in a fast paced environment, and expect all team members to be flexible, mature and change resilient. Our colleagues here are encouraged to speak their mind and generate ideas and solutions, and we take a keen interest in everyone working to foster an environment that supports innovation and curiosity.
Why work for us:
MBIE is one of New Zealand's largest, most influential and most diverse public sector agencies. This means that we are able to offer significant opportunities for developing experience across a broad variety of areas. We aim to create a culture where our people are empowered to bring fresh ideas and perspectives and to develop new approaches.
We also take the time to foster a work environment that is enjoyable for all. This means we like to collaborate, support and encourage our people, encourage excellence and innovation and take the time to have some fun and celebrate our successes.
Skills and Experience:
We are keen to hear from you if you have:
- Proven administration (preferably 3 years or more) experience with excellent organisational and relationship building skills.
- Ability to work flexibly while maintaining excellence in high pressured caseloads.
- Ability to present ideas, information and advice clearly with the ability to adapt communication styles when needed.
- Willingness to make a positive difference and continuous process improvements.
- A proactive, can-do approach to safety management with a high level of initiative, sound judgement and discretion
- Exceptional teamwork and collaborative abilities and a willingness to share knowledge and expertise with others
- Highly developed communication and writing skills
- Strong customer focus.
- Excellent computer skills in MS Suite
Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or New Zealand permanent residents.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Please e-mail Matt Newman-Hall at Matt.Newman-Hall@mbie.govt.nz if you have any further questions. Applications close on Sunday, 24th February 2019 at 5pm