Expression of Interest - Building Practitioners Board | Other
|Category:||Boards and Governance|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Part Time|
|Attachments:|| BPB Member Position Description November 2018.pdf (PDF, 83KB)
BPB Expression of Interest Form 2018.docx (Word, 32KB)
|Application Close Date:||18-Jan-2019|
- Do you have experience in the building industry?
- Would you like to give back to the building profession in an important role?
- Have you been involved with a disciplinary board?
About the role
On behalf of the Minister for Building and Construction, the Ministry is seeking candidates who wish to be considered for appointment as a member of the Building Practitioners Board.
Candidates must have 15 years' relevant experience. If coming from the trade, candidates must also be a Licenced Building Practitioner (LBP).
Ideally, candidates will have some or all of the following:
- Building industry experience (design, construction or inspection work)
- A thorough knowledge of the Building Act and the Building Code
- Dispute resolution experience
- Experience of working in a collegial decision-making environment.
We are not only looking for builders or those in the legal profession, but also LBPs in other areas, such as roofing or foundation. Successful candidates must also be willing and available to devote time and energy to the role (approximately 8 to 10 days per month).
The Minister welcomes applicants who can bring diversity to the Board. In addition, the Government has set the target of ensuring half of all directors on state sector boards and committees are women by 2021.
Please note this is a contestable process and applications will be assessed according to the Board's needs at this particular time.
About the Board
The Board's functions are to:
- hear appeals and complaints against licensing decisions of the Registrar of LBPs
- approve Rules for LBPs
- annually review and report on its operations to the Minister of Building and Construction.
Please note the Board is a disciplinary board, rather than a governance board.
How to apply:
Please click on the APPLY button below. After clicking the link, you can view a position description, as well as complete the expression of interest form, and upload a CV and cover letter.
For enquiries about the position, please email email@example.com.
Applications close 5pm, Friday 18 January 2019.