Senior Technical Business Analyst | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| PD Senior Technical Business Analyst - December 2018.pdf (PDF, 124KB)
|Application Close Date:||14-Dec-2018|
- Senior Technical Business Analyst required to support exciting business initiative
- Fixed term through to end December 2019
- Based in Wellington CBD.
About the role
The Electronic Invoicing (e-Invoicing) Senior Technical Business Analyst will provide detailed technical specification and information services requirements, e.g. Cloud and DevOps, to help support the successful delivery of the e-Invoicing project.
This will require the successful individual understanding and documenting the business requirements and supporting technical solution implications of the project's aim of implementing the Trans-Tasman Interoperability Framework. The implementation of the Framework is a collaborative activity being undertaken across Australia and New Zealand as part of MBIE's Digital Inclusion goals that will focus on supporting growth of Small to Medium enterprises across both countries.
It is an exciting time to be joining the e-Invoicing team, with extensive work being undertaken that will fundamentally transform the way Australian and New Zealand businesses interact and transact with each other. The role will have a range of interesting and challenging work planned over the next 12 months.
This full-time role requires an experienced Senior Technical Business Analyst with a strong technical skill set who shows initiative, is motivated and is able to manage their own time.
You will need to bring
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have:
- 5 - 10 years of producing technical reference documentation and specifications.
- Experience working with technical solution analysis and design in order to deliver desired business and security outcomes.
- Experience of working with Technology Frameworks and methods (e.g. Agile and DevOps).
- Experience of Procurement and Supply Chain solutions e.g. Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, and any prevailing Standards employed in those areas.
- Experienced in Systems Lifecycle methodologies and testing processes.
- Some experience of solution implementation in Cloud (SAAS/PAAS/IAAS) environments would be an advantage.
- Experience in developing relationships and networks within organisations.
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline or equivalent knowledge, skills and experience.
E-Invoicing is the direct exchange of invoices between suppliers' and buyers' financial systems. When e-Invoicing is introduced, businesses will no longer need to create paper-based or PDF invoices that have to be scanned, posted or emailed, and then manually entered into a finance system. That's because an e-Invoice can be sent directly to a customer's finance system, even if the two businesses are using different systems. International standards will allow these systems to ‘speak' to each other, resulting in fewer errors. By removing manual handling the billing process becomes faster and more accurate, reducing the chance of problems and delays.
For more information see https://www.nzbn.govt.nz/
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be formally submitted via our online advertisement.
Email Rosie.Horsfall@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1370506 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm 14th December 2018.