Manager Financial Accounting and Control | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| FP- Manager Financial Accounting and Control - July 2018.pdf (PDF, 371KB)
|Application Close Date:||11-Dec-2018|
- Live and work in Wellington, New Zealand - the coolest little capital in the world
- Attractive remuneration coupled with excellent work life balance
- Strategic role helping to transform our Finance & Performance team
- Lead the team to drive change and deliver to our many stakeholders
About the role
As the Manager Financial Accounting & Control you will be responsible for providing strategic direction and innovative thinking while also ensuring appropriate financial controls across the Ministry.
In this role you will work alongside multiple stakeholders including MBIE Business Groups, IRD and The Treasury. You'll be responsible for managing relationships and influencing change. You'll also be responsible for ensuring the completeness and integrity of all General Ledger reporting information.
This is a people manager role with 18 direct and indirect reports both in NZ and Offshore so motivating others to be a high performing team is essential.
Remuneration will reflect the experience, demonstrated ability and drive of candidates.
Why should you join us?
We are already on a journey to become an exemplar Finance & Performance function which other New Zealand organisations will aspire to. In this role you will help guide our direction as we continue on that journey.
- We promote a culture where staff are empowered to bring fresh perspectives to issues, to think outside the box and contribute to continuous improvement.
- We offer significant opportunities for developing experience across a broad variety of areas.
- We encourage excellence and proactively support development through on the job learning, training courses, and secondments to other teams
- Our collaborative team encourages a positive, customer focussed, innovative and best in class attitude.
Skills and Experience
We are looking for:
- Experience in leading teams and good people management skills
- A proactive self-starter, keen to seek out innovative solutions
- Understanding and experienced in reconciliations, control, risk management and integrity
- A strong team player with the ability to collaborate and contribute at senior leadership team level
- Experience in leading and driving successful change initiatives
- A CA qualification supported by several years of experience
How to find out more and to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Jo Smith at email@example.com quoting reference MBIE/1370478 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm 11th December 2018.