PA/Team Administrator | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PA TA Tourism Operations Partnerships.pdf (PDF, 330KB)
|Application Close Date:||14-Jan-2019|
- Be part of forming the new approach to Tourism
- Work with Ministers, lead stakeholder and policy relationships
- Work at the intersection of economic, environmental and social issues, contribute to solving challenging and complex issues and build capability for the future
- Complete and implement the Governments Tourism Strategy
- Influence across agencies, conservation stakeholders and local government on both policy and operational issues
Seeking an experienced PA/Team Administrator to join our Tourism Operations & Partnerships team.
About the Tourism branch
Tourism is New Zealand's largest industry and biggest export earner. It accounts for 6% of GDP, and 8% of employment in New Zealand. Most regions of New Zealand regard tourism as part of their economic lifeblood. The rapid growth in global tourism has created a number of policy and service delivery challenges around New Zealand in recent years, yet the forecast growth creates enormous opportunities for the future of New Zealand.
The government has asked for a more deliberate and active approach to addressing these issues, and capitalising on the opportunities that forecast tourism growth provides. Tourism policy operates at the intersection of economic, environmental and social policy issues, with strong collaboration required across government, local government and the industry.
Making sure we are well positioned to respond to expanding work across government priorities and programmes in tourism has resulted in the formation of a standalone Tourism branch within the Labour, Science and Enterprise group.
These newly formed teams have a clear focus and direction and this is an exciting time to join us and be part of building a more ‘joined up approach' to providing integrated policy advice to Government and a cohesive service to our key stakeholders.
A more well-directed approach to the tourism sector requires people who are natural collaborators, and who can take a systems and strategic view. Finding win-wins across multiple programmes requires people with creativity, courage, intellectual depth and ambition. We are also being asked for more active engagement with regions to identify growth and opportunities for tourism through their destination plans to support sectors and regions and enabling people to thrive. This requires creativity, nous and the practical skills to make change happen.
Skills and Experience
As PA/Team Administrator for MBIE you will need to be client focused, flexible and agile with a positive proactive approach.
You will also:
- Have strong time management and prioritisation skills.
- Demonstrate sound judgement and decision making.
- Have a proven track record of experience and success in providing PA / Administrative support to teams and managers.
- Demonstrate agility in supporting multiple teams and responding to changes in priorities.
- Have sound relationship management skills - and the confidence to push back/chase managers when necessary.
- Government experience would be a bonus but is not essential.
To apply or find out more about this role, click on the ‘Apply now' button and view a position description. If you have any further questions please email Kerin.Moriarty@mbie.govt.nz
Applications close at 5pm Monday 14 January 2019