Platform Manager | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - ICT Operations - Platform Manager.pdf (PDF, 358KB)
|Application Close Date:||16-Dec-2018|
- Management of vendor provisioned ICT Enterprise platforms
- Assist in the Implementation and support of both Cloud and Premise based ICT systems and services.
- Work closely with other ICT professionals such as Solution Architects and Operations Services and support personnel in support of the overall Organisations objectives.
- Wellington or Auckland location
Why work for us?
Development of staff in their chosen profession is a key focus for us. In the Information technology area we aim to create a culture where staff are empowered to bring fresh perspectives to issues and to think outside the box. Because we are one of the largest and most diverse Government agencies in New Zealand, MBIE offers significant opportunity for developing experience across a broad variety of areas and systems. We encourage excellence and proactively support development through on-the-job learning, training courses, conferences and seminars.
About the role.
The role is focused on the management of vendor supported Enterprise platforms such as IaaS AWS and MS Azure. The Platform Manager role is a permanent position with the Enterprise Platform Management team. This team is part of the ICT Operations Group but also has a significant crossover into Project Capability and the successful candidate will be potentially working with a number of teams providing input in to System Design, Service Readiness and Commercial support arrangements as well as on-going support.
Skills and proven experience
- in the management of ICT Enterprise systems
- with Microsoft Azure, SharePoint and CRM
- a wide range of other ICT technologies (as highlighted in the Position description.)
- in roles requiring implementation and support of ICT systems and services
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Must have legal right to live and work in NZ
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
MBIE is the lead agency for making it easier for business to work with government. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders.
The Platform Manager role is a permanent position within the Enterprise Platform Management team. This team is part of our ICT Operations Group. ICT is part of MBIE's Corporate, Governance and Information Group.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Jo Smith at email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1370342 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on 16 December 2018.