Senior Research and Data Analyst | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Senior Research and Data Analyst CGI OCE.PDF (PDF, 376KB)
|Application Close Date:||19-Dec-2018|
- Are you an evaluation specialist who enjoys collaborating within a multi-disciplinary team environment?
- Do you want to apply your mixed method evaluation skills in a current and fast-paced area of public policy?
- Would you love to work alongside other experienced evaluators, within a large branch of research and evaluation professionals?
About the role
We have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and experienced evaluator to join our Housing, Building and Urban Systems Evidence & Insights team at MBIE. This is a multi-disciplinary team focussed on research, analytics and evaluation across the building, housing and tenancy regulatory systems. We are currently looking for a Senior Research and Data Analyst to join our team for to 6 months or more, to back-fill for a staff member on parental leave. The primary focus of the role will be on designing, commissioning and implementing evaluations on a range of initiatives within the building and housing sectors. We are looking for someone with experience in developing intervention logics, evaluation plans and monitoring frameworks, and who can lead significant evaluation projects.
To succeed in this role you will have:
- Experience in designing and undertaking fit-for-purpose evaluation of programmes, policy and regulations
- An ability to find a pragmatic way forward
- An interest in making the most of admin and other data sources
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative evaluation techniques
- Experiencing in working with external providers to deliver research and evaluation outputs
- Ability to communicate to different audiences (e.g. policy and operational)
- Good interpersonal skills and a motivation to work collaboratively within a multi-disciplinary team and across agencies
This is a senior role open to experienced evaluators (five years or more). Applications for a secondment from another agency are welcome.
Why work for us:
MBIE is one of New Zealand's largest, most influential and most diverse public sector agencies. This means that we are able to offer significant opportunities for developing experience across a broad variety of areas.
We aim to create a culture where our people are empowered to bring fresh ideas and perspectives and to develop new approaches.
We also take the time to foster a work environment that is enjoyable for all. This means we like to collaborate, support and encourage our people, encourage excellence and innovation and take the time to have some fun and celebrate our successes.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Sarah Frost on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions quoting reference MB1370249.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday the 19th of December.