Senior Advisor (7 month secondment/fixed term role) | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| PD_Senior Advisor Engagement_ Housing Tenancy_Nov 2018.pdf (PDF, 364KB)
|Application Close Date:||12-Dec-2018|
- Have you got a proven track record developing and executing community and stakeholder engagement strategies and action plans?
- Do you have experience communicating complex issues to diverse audience groups using a range of channels and techniques?
- Join a team that is passionate about helping people participate with confidence in the housing and tenancy market
About the role
The Housing and Tenancy Services branch has an opportunity for a seven month secondment/fixed term role to their Information and Education team. We are looking for a stakeholder engagement and communications star that can hit the ground running.
The team has a busy and varied work program over the next 12 months including communicating major legislation changes, developing new tools and resources for tenants and landlords and planning and attending a variety of community and stakeholder engagements, events, and presenting information to large audiences.
The role specifically requires someone to develop and implement our youth strategy and manage the implementation of the Housing and Tenancy Services Stakeholder engagement strategy.
You should be passionate about engagement and also have good strategic thinking and planning skills. We're looking for a motivated, high-performing individual to contribute to our team over this busy time.
The role is based at MBIE's Stout St offices in Wellington and reports to the Manager, Information and Education.
Skills and experience required:
- excellent working understanding of a wide range of information and education channels, tools and resources
- excellent influencing, interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) – including ability to translate legislation, policy or technical guidance into plain English, and communicate with a range of audiences and channels (web, publications, social media, public events)
- significant communications and project management experience
- knowledge of public sector processes
- proven experience in developing and delivering initiatives through different methods and channels
- a willingness to work in a flexible and dynamic environment, including outside of normal business hours where needed
- must have legal right to live and work in NZ
MBIE is the lead agency for making it easier for business to work with government. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We do this by working with others to help businesses to be more competitive, improving job opportunities and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
The Information and Education team sits with in the Housing and Tenancy Services Branch. The team's mission is to:
- Shape information and education initiatives that motivate behavioural change, improving how the housing and tenancy system functions.
- Collaborate with the wider housing and tenancy system including internal and external partners to contribute to shared goals and support sector compliance
- Deliver timely ‘source of truth' information through communication channels to educate audiences about their rights and responsibilities.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Monica Chow at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1369066 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on 12th December 2018.