Senior Content Specialist - business.govt.nz | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| PD Content Specialist - business.govt.pdf (PDF, 125KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Jan-2019|
- Fixed-term opportunity for 12 months
- Wellington CBD based
- Senior position for an experienced writing specialist
About the role:
The Senior Content Specialist is a writing specialist in the business.govt.nz team. In this role you will be responsible for writing clear, easy-to-understand and precise content in the business.govt.nz voice, for a diverse small business audience.
You will be expected to absorb audience research and personas and writing to them. Responsibility includes writing a high profile newsletter with an audience of 230,000 small businesses along with media, ministers and high ranking public sector officials and private sector executives.
You will bring your web strategy, content writing, editing and relationship management expertise and perspective to work in partnership with the manager, team and stakeholders of business.govt.nz. This includes the development of newsletter content in collaboration with the team and stakeholders, and oversight of content on the website, including oversight of content development in regular website reviews.
Skills and experience required:
- Ideally a background in journalism with a minimum 5 to 10 years' experience writing for business and/or other related high quality publications with large readerships
- Demonstrated experience in a wide ranging knowledge of the principles of writing plain English for the web and social media
- Excellent influencing, interpersonal and communication skills (written and oral) – including ability to translate legislation or technical guidance into plain English and write for a range of audiences
- Experience and good knowledge in Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) writing
- Demonstrated experience and ability in writing content, including for the web and social media in complex situations demanding high levels of judgement
- Political savviness – ability to understand the political environment and how this relates to and impacts on their work
- An ability to communicate complex matters persuasively, via written and oral communications, and including presentation skills
Our purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. To achieve this, we need a strong, high performing economy, where workers, consumers and investors are protected and aware of their rights and obligations; and the integrity of the environment is maintained.
Business.govt.nz is the New Zealand government's website for small businesses. We are a highly engaged team of 10 people, passionate about the difference we can make in the lives of small business operators. We exist to make it quicker and easier for small businesses to deal with government, so they can get on with making their businesses a success. Each month hundreds of thousands of businesses spend a million minutes on the website and tools, which feature advice from experts across government and the private sector.
Check out the site at www.business.govt.nz
How to apply
To apply for this position, please click the ‘Apply Now' button. This will take you to our MBIE Careers site and allow you to register your details and submit your application, CV and Cover Letter for this vacancy. All applications must be formally submitted via the online advertisement in order to be considered.
If you have any further questions contact Rosie Horsfall at Rosie.Horsfall@mbie.govt.nz referencing MBIE/1367859
Applications close at 5pm, 27th January 2019