Principal Advisor, Stakeholder Engagement - NZBN | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Principal Stakeholder Advisor, NZBN Position Description FINAL October 2018.pdf (PDF, 126KB)
|Application Close Date:||21-Nov-2018|
- Senior role for a stakeholder engagement expert
- Fixed term through to end June 2019
- Based in Wellington CBD, Stout Street
About the role:
The Principal Advisor, Stakeholder Engagement contributes to the operations of the New Zealand Business Number (NZBN) team and will be required to build and maintain strategic working relationships with stakeholders including small businesses, business organisations, some larger businesses and also government agencies. The Principal Advisor will also help manage stakeholder communications, correspondence, and project work, working closely with the rest of the team and service providers.
This is an exciting time to be joining the NZBN team, with extensive work being undertaken that will fundamentally transform the way Kiwi businesses interact and transact with each other.
This role is about engaging with and influencing the private sector (and some Government agencies), understanding their perspectives and objectives and providing them with information and support. The role is varied, with a range of interesting and challenging work planned over the next 8 months.
The successful candidate will have the ability to engage and influence stakeholders and a proven track record of building strategic relationships which instil a level of trust. Success will require confidence in dealing face-to-face with in one-on-one situations or groups and presenting to larger groups using excellent written and oral communication skills.
You'll be part of a small but enthusiastic team working collaboratively to increase the adoption and implementation of the NZBN and associated initiatives (such as e-Invoicing) by small businesses. At the end of the fixed term, you'll have delivered meaningful work that will have a lasting impact on the way Kiwis do business in New Zealand and around the world.
In this role, the Principal Advisor, Stakeholder Engagement will work closely with a diverse range of stakeholders both internally and externally, across the public and private sector. You'll support the NZBN Manager with the oversight and leadership of the day-to-day work of the stakeholder and engagement and help lead the management of NZBN relationships.
This full-time role requires an experienced engagement professional who shows initiative, is motivated and able to manage their own time.
You will need to bring
To be successful in this role, you will ideally have:
- Over 5 years of demonstrated experience in effectively managing government and/or private sector relationships.
- Demonstrated experience in leadership, setting direction, planning, delivery and evaluation of engagement strategies and plans.
- Proven ability to build and maintain constructive and effective relationships at all levels including working co-operatively with others internally and with external stakeholder groups to achieve shared objectives.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced complex environment with a strong degree of agility and flexibility.
- A self-starter approach, be able to hit the ground running and show a lot of initiative to initiate and lead work programmes and celebrate success.
- Strong proven experience on providing customer-focused solutions and services.
- Ideally some change management experience.
- Understanding of Government decision-making and operating procedures.
- Ability to set priorities and manage time effectively.
About the NZBN
The NZBN is a globally unique identifier, available to all Kiwi businesses, including companies, government agencies and sole traders. The NZBN is issued by MBIE and it links to the information businesses are most often asked to share, like a trading name and phone number. By making it faster and easier to share these details, the NZBN will help reduce the time and energy businesses spend providing the same information in multiple times in different ways. The NZBN enables innovations and new digital services designed to save businesses time and money, both when dealing with government and when working with other businesses.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our MBIE careers website. Here you can view a position description as well as complete the online application, and upload a CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our online advertisement.
Email Rosie.Horsfall@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1366155 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm 21 November 2018.