Team Leader, Resource Markets Policy | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD Team Leader Policy.pdf (PDF, 494KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Oct-2018|
- Are you an experienced policy professional, looking for an opportunity to lead a policy team dealing with high priority issues?
- Help us to realise our ambition to be a world-leading energy system and aid the transition to a low emissions economy
- Work with a great bunch of people in a collegial team environment, getting things done
- Full time opportunity in Wellington, CBD
About the team
The Resource Markets Policy team is responsible for the economic development of New Zealand's mineral and petroleum resources, and effective operation of gas and liquid fuel markets. This includes stewardship of the Crown Minerals Act and regulations, advising on gas and liquid fuels markets, and management of relevant appropriations.
About the role
The Resource Markets Policy is looking for a team leader to provide thought leadership, influencing skills and authoritative advice on Government priorities.
In this role, you will support RMP on critical work ahead including:
- Implementing Government policy decisions on new offshore oil and gas exploration, and new mines on conservation land.
- Leading the strategic review of legislation including the Crown Minerals Act 1991 and the Gas Act 1992.
- Monitoring and advising Ministers on fuel market performance.
- Supporting other agencies on issues including offshore financial assurance, marine protection, taxation and resource management.
- Future proofing the wider Energy and Resources Branch knowledge investment programme.
You will work in an interesting and dynamic environment, work closely alongside technical experts, market participants and other agencies to deliver end-to-end policy advice. If you are motivated to lead others in high-quality thinking and developing new ways of considering challenges while also delivering pragmatic solutions, we are keen to hear from you.
The role is based in Wellington and reports to the Manager, Resource Markets Policy.
Who we're looking for
We're looking for someone who enjoys analysing challenging problems and finding solutions that positively impact on the lives of all New Zealanders. You need to be someone that works collaboratively, delivers results and can present to senior stakeholders in a compelling and concise way.
We're looking for the following skills and experience:
We are looking for an experienced policy professional keen to shape and drive the transition to a low emissions economy in a way that improves the well-being of all New Zealanders. In particular, we value:
- Strong experience leading complex policy projects, including experience with cross-agency policy development processes
- Great skills in building strong relationships in complex and politically sensitive environments
- Aptitude for working with ambiguity, translating policy objectives into practical, actionable steps and following through
- Proven track record of coaching and developing direct reports, staff or team members
- Integrity, energy and determination to achieve with a sense of urgency
- Confidence in communicating complex issues in a clear, simple style
How to apply
Please click on the "Apply online" button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website.
You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
If you have any questions please email Fi.Sanderson@mbie.govt.nz.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 28 October 2018.