Manager Monitoring and Reporting | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| 20181010 PD Manager Monitoring and Reporting PDU.pdf (PDF, 386KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Oct-2018|
- Senior position in the newly established Provincial Development Unit (PDU)
- Implement best practice in Fund Management
- Lead, manage and develop a team
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Regional Development, the Manager Monitoring & Reporting is responsible for ensuring the effective stewardship of the Provincial Growth Fund (PGF) by leading the development and implementation of good practice in Fund Management, whilst ensuring that regional teams are supported in their day-to-day monitoring and reporting of contracted activity. This will require you to lead the development and implementation of reporting mechanisms, ensuring the integrity of the data and work closely with other core agencies that are also responsible for monitoring and reporting on projects which fall into their portfolio.
You will also lead and manage a team of analysts, coaching, empowering and releasing them to contribute to making something extraordinary happen.
We are looking for an experienced leader and people manager with strategic nous who can create and embed structure and surety whilst working in a fast paced and agile environment. To be successful in the role you will need:
- Proven track record leading a team in a medium to large organisation, connected and contributing to the wider organisation and ensuring a “one organisation” approach.
- Substantial proven experience monitoring and reporting on large projects against key milestones and expenditure
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining key networks and positive and constructive stakeholder relationships
- The ability to work at all levels and gain the confidence of a diverse range of stakeholders
- Sound working knowledge and understanding of the machinery of government and processes that apply within the public sector
- Well-developed influencing and negotiation skills
- Demonstrated ability to contribute to a culture of excellence in the team
- Demonstrated ability in making business decisions that maintain momentum on strategic goals
- Tertiary qualification, preferably in business or information management or a related discipline
- The legal right to live and work in New Zealand
About the Unit
The PDU has been established to be the focal point within Government for regional economic development, and to design and implement the PGF.
Through the PGF central government has committed to investing $1billion per annum over 3 years in regional economic development with the aim of lifting productivity potential in the provinces. Its priorities are to enhance economic development opportunities, create sustainable jobs, enable Māori to reach their full potential, boost social inclusion and participation, build resilient communities, and help meet New Zealand's climate change targets.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Nicola.Hawkins@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1361296 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 24 October 2018.