Team Leader - Information and Education | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| BSP - IE - Team Leader Information and Education - Oct 2018_ 1.pdf (PDF, 357KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Oct-2018|
- Do you want to lead from the front and help MBIE realise its ambition to be a world-leading building regulatory system steward?
- Are you a top performer in information and education who wants an opportunity to develop a new information and education strategy for this critical sector?
- Deliver information and education products to improve the building regulatory system
- Work with teams across MBIE with a focus on improving the performance of the building regulatory system
2019 will be a huge year for the Building System Performance branch (BSP) at MBIE. The BSP branch is the Government's lead advisor on the building regulatory system and we want to be world-leading. You will have heard about KiwiBuild and not surprisingly we have a big role to play in it.
As well as delivering more affordable houses for New Zealanders, KiwiBuild is also an opportunity to shape the building regulatory system to meet New Zealand's current and future needs. And that's where you come in.
We are currently looking for a Team Leader to join our Information & Education (I&E) team. This team sits within the System Design and Implementation team, based in the BSP branch. The team is responsible for the information and education activities to support compliance, and inform our co-regulators and regulated parties of system changes.
The team is also responsible for understanding, advising and delivering on effective channel strategies for the building system regulatory functions managed within MBIE, understanding which channels work for users and how these can be improved over time. This will mean working across the branches and teams within MBIE that support and deliver building system regulatory functions.
Right now we need a genuine information and education heavyweight to join us on a journey of improving the building regulatory system. What's important is your desire to shape and impact the core regulatory system and while building sector experience is desirable, it's not essential.
As the Team Leader Information and Education you will lead and manage a team of information and education experts responsible for a range of operational functions including:
- Online learning courses, training and user guides
- Products and channels management
- Web analytics
- Marketing and education programmes
- Events, conferences and trade shows.
We are looking for someone who has:
- Experience in developing system led strategies, work programmes and performance targets for a team.
- Experience in building and leading teams through change.
- Significant project management experience and experience managing contractual arrangements for out-sourced service provision.
- Understanding of regulatory frameworks and levers.
- Wide-ranging knowledge in leading and developing advice to deliver information and education products to a diverse audience.
- Current knowledge and experience of web, social media and social marketing.
This is a challenging and exciting leadership role in a branch that has a significant work programme underway to improve the building regulatory system. It's a unique opportunity to make your mark in a sector that has an impact on all New Zealanders.
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website (careers.mbie.govt.nz). You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Fi Sanderson quoting reference MBIE/1360880 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on 28 October 2018.