Team Leader, Service Design Policy | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description Team Leader - SDP June 2016_.pdf (PDF, 394KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Oct-2018|
- Can you implement, shape and influence the development and implementation of regulation, legislation and regulatory practice and strategy?
- Are you open to innovative ways of working, centred on people and users?
- Show your exceptional advisory skills in leading, scoping and managing service design projects
- Fast-paced, dynamic environment with a supportive and fun team
MBIE's purpose is to grow New Zealand for all. Our goal is to create a strong and high performing economy without compromising the integrity of our environment and the safety of our workplaces.
An exciting opportunity has come up for a Team Leader Service Design Policy to join the Service, Support & Design branch within the Market Services Group of MBIE.
As the Team Leader Service Design Policy, you will be responsible for leading and managing a team of advisors and senior advisors within the Service Design Policy team. The Team Leader role influences the quality of services provided by the team, across the work programme, including demands for a high standard of customer service.
You will work in a supportive, collaborative and flexible work environment where innovation and user needs are central to our way of working.
o be a successful candidate in this role, you will have:
- Experience in managing staff in a changing and complex environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills in a variety of settings, including cross-cultural, employee and client
- Mastery of public policy processes including a high level of experience in policy and a proven track record in leading large work programmes, taking into account both strategic and operational needs
- A proven track record of experience and achievement as a strategic leader, with strong agility to work flexibly across different priority projects
- Excellent communication and coaching skills to embed a culture of excellence in the team
- A strategic outlook with the intellectual capability to analyse large, complex policy issues and readily grasp and synthesise the ideas, analysis and advice produced by others
- Sound judgement, integrity and discretion, particularly around strategic risk management
- Credible, respected relationships with diverse stakeholders, including senior managers, team members and key internal and external stakeholders
- Demonstrable ability to work from a people centred perspective, including an understanding of design methodology
- An ability to look across systems and challenge assumptions
- Self-motivation and persistence in challenging frameworks and pushing hard issues, but with good judgement in identifying when to pull back on issues
Does this sound like you? To apply for this exciting role, click on the “Apply Now” button to read and download the position description. Please apply directly online, complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role.
If you have any queries please contact Monica Chow at Monica.Chow2@mbie.govt.nz quoting MBIE/1360671..
Applications close at 5.00pm, 23 October 2018.