Assessor Assistants - Investment Operations | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| Assessor Assistant - JD October 2018.pdf (PDF, 336KB)
|Application Close Date:||21-Oct-2018|
- Fantastic opportunity for recent graduates with science qualifications
- Gain first hand understanding of the science system and how it operates
- Fixed term project, November 2018 to June 2019
The purpose of the Ministry of Business Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow New Zealand for all. Our goal is to create a strong and high performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
MBIE works to better support connect and strengthen businesses. It backs New Zealand's talent, ideas and business enterprise through ensuring safe and fair workplaces, developing and supporting the science and innovation system, better supporting businesses and streamlining regulation.
About the role
As an Assessor Assistant you will join the Science System Investment & Performance branch which is a part of the Labour, Science Enterprise Group (LSE).
The 2019 Science Contestable funding round is underway and we need Assessor Assistants in our Wellington office to provide administration support and to assist with the search for assessors to be considered by our investment managers.
The team reports to the Assessor Manager.
- Make use of a range of online resources to find suitably qualified and experienced assessors
- Enter the information gained into a MBIE database and undertake other administrative duties required to undertake the process
- Check potential assessors for conflicts of interest
- Correspond with assessors to support their involvement as an assessor
Skills and Experience
- Science knowledge and qualifications
- Must have gained the equivalent of a Master's degree or above
- Previous experience using search software
- Strong attention to detail
- Resourcefulness and initiative
- Ability to collaborate with colleagues
- Experience in a science and/or research position
- Experience in dealing with private and sensitive information
About the team
The team is brought together to achieve common goals. In previous years graduates have enjoyed working in the team because of the interesting work, the knowledge gained and the supportive environment. You will have good management support and a caring and supportive team environment.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below where a position description is also available. Your application must include your CV and a cover letter detailing your suitability for the position.
Please note this is a contracting opportunity and not a fixed term employment agreement.
Email Fi Sanderson at Fi.Sanderson@mbie.govt.nz if you have any further questions.
Applications close on Sunday 21st October 2018.