Administration Coordinator - Christchurch International Airport | Christchurch
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Part Time|
|Attachments:|| Compliance & Border Operations - Administration Coordinator (Border) PD.pdf (PDF, 334KB)
|Application Close Date:||19-Oct-2018|
- Permanent part-time position (approx 20 hours per week)with possibility of hours being reviewed in the future
- Managing risk to protect our borders
- Starting salary $43-48k
About the role
The primary role of this position is to provide outstanding support to the Immigration Border Operations Southern Team and their day to day tasks.
We are looking for a person with excellent oral and written communication and well-developed computer skills. The ideal candidate will have high levels of integrity in all transactions and interpersonal contacts, clerical and general administrative support services. They will have a passion for excellence and a commitment to high quality customer service.
The successful appointee will be required to take up the position as soon as possible.
Skills and experience required:
To be successful in this role you will have:
- A minimum of 2-3 years' experience in an administration/support role
- A passion for learning and a positive and pro-active approach to work
- Outstanding experience in a customer service environment
- Excellent organisation skills and able to learn on the fly
- Flexibility with working on multiple tasks and able to adapt to change
- Superb ability in all forms of communication
- The ability to learn and understand computer and technical information quickly
- Strong positive relationship skills to build and maintain with our stakeholders and the wider Immigration Border Operations Admin Team
- A strong moral compass, and be known to ‘act with integrity' in all you undertake
- The ability to work effectively without direct supervision
- Loyalty to the organisation, our teams and a commitment to organisational objectives
Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or New Zealand permanent residents and be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate security clearances.
- Panel Interview
- Reference checking
The successful candidate will be required to undertake two weeks induction training in Auckland once appointed.
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
Why work for us?
Immigration Border Operations sits within the Compliance Risk and Intelligence branch of Immigration New Zealand, a group within MBIE. The Compliance Risk and Intelligence Services (CRIS) is tasked with preventing and responding to immigration related offending and non-compliance.
We ensure that New Zealand's Borders are safe and that those individuals and groups that offend against the Immigration Act are dealt with promptly and efficiently. CRIS plays a critical role in ensuring that Immigration New Zealand can deliver in its Vision in ensuring that we bring the best people New Zealand needs to prosper.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below and complete the on-line application. From here you will be able to upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted formally via our online advertisement for tracking and evaluation purposes.
Email Rosie Horsfall at Rosie.Horsfall@mbie.govt.nz quoting MBIE/1360460 if you have any further questions.
Applications close Friday 19th October 2018.