Advisor - Health, Safety and Wellbeing | Wellington
|Category:||Health and Safety|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Advisor Health Safety and Wellbeing - Oct-2018.pdf (PDF, 352KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Oct-2018|
- Join a diverse fun and passionate team implementing health, safety and wellbeing strategies
- Support the ongoing development and provide expert advice on health, safety and wellbeing to line managers and workers
- Wellington based
Why work for us?
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to Grow New Zealand for All. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
This position is responsible for providing expert advice on health, safety and wellbeing and implementing effective health, safety and wellbeing strategies, policies and practices in agreed areas.
Specifically, the functions of this position are to exercise a wide range of generalist health and safety practitioner skills and expertise to support the Health and Safety team to create and maintain a proactive health, safety and wellbeing culture.
Skills and experience required:
To be successful you will need to be able to demonstrate strength and experience in:
- Knowledge and experience in managing health and safety in a complex and high-risk safety sensitive environment
- Demonstrable knowledge and understanding of current health and safety legalisation and relevant regulations
- Experience in successful staff safety promotion
- Good interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully work with teams in dispersed geographical locations
- Experience in the development, preparation and monitoring of service delivery performance measures and a reporting against these
- Understanding of and / or experience in the ACC Partnership Programme including the standards required for audit of the programme
- Experience of delivering hands on health and safety policy, procedures and systems, including data management and reporting
- Must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand
- A relevant qualification in occupational health and safety is desirable; however, experience in health and safety is essential.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Jo Smith at email@example.com quoting ref 1360437 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on 26th October 2018