Business Immigration Specialist | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Business Migration - Business Immigration Specialist PD.pdf (PDF, 336KB)
|Application Close Date:||19-Oct-2018|
- Make decisions on high impact, high value migrants to NZ
- Looking for critical thinkers with excellent writing skills
- Permanent position, Porirua based
About the role:
Day to day you'll review files, craft reports and make decisions on work and residence applications from people from all over the world under business investor, entrepreneur and other high value immigration categories. You'll balance the human factors along with policy, and make a real difference.
- Strong analysis and critical thinking skills
- Ability to establish priorities, manage multiple cases and meet deadlines
- Able to build and maintain stakeholder relationships
- Able to synthesise and draw conclusions from large amounts of complex information and business proposals
- Excellent self-management skills, able to work autonomously
- Must be a New Zealand citizen or hold a residence class visa
- Business experience or understanding of business documentation
- Tertiary qualification
Why work for us?
Immigration New Zealand's Visa Services is seeking people from a range of backgrounds to join their team. The work is fascinating and varied with an international flavour. It will appeal if you are an analytical and critical thinker with good communication and writing skills and interested in applying public policy.
In this role you will work in a supportive and collaborative environment and enjoy flexible work hours. You'll have opportunities to learn, grow and progress.
About MBIE/Immigration New Zealand:
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow New Zealand's economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. Immigration New Zealand has an active role in this by bringing the best people New Zealand needs to prosper.
We look for people who are passionate about New Zealand and enthusiastic about making a positive change to our economy, our people and our safety.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line advertisement.
Email Rosie Horsfall at Rosie.Horsfall@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1360298 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on 19th October 2018