Principal Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD Principal Advisor Investment Team PDU - October 2018.pdf (PDF, 337KB)
|Application Close Date:||19-Oct-2018|
- New position in the recently established Provincial Development Unit (PDU)
- Flexibility to adapt and work across the PDU and the broader system
- Create new and better ways for the organisation to be successful
- Central Wellington location
About the role
The Principal Advisor will provide high quality strategic advice and support the Head of Investment Management by supporting the evaluation and management of the Provincial Growth Fund (PGF) application process to ensure strategic alignment and minimise risk. You will need to possess sound market knowledge, remaining abreast of developments whilst keeping in mind wider macro and micro events which could impact upon the performance of companies and the Fund itself. You will also lead the provision of advice and provide information to the Head of Investment Management, the Investment Directors, Ministers and the Independent Advisory Panel.Furthermore, you will use your analytical expertise to position ideas and articulate the risks and benefits for the funding recommendations you make.
To be successful in the role you will need to demonstrate:
- Political acumen with knowledge and experience of writing policy
- Operational experience in a public or private organisation
- Self-confidence, drive and tenacity with proven ability to work under pressure, establish priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining key networks and positive and constructive stakeholder relationships internal and external to the organisation
- The ability to work at all levels of the organisation and relate to and gain the confidence of a diverse range of stakeholders
- Excellent communication skills
- Flexibility to adapt in a fast moving environment
- Tertiary qualification in a relevant field
- Must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand
About the Group
The Provincial Development Unit (PDU) has been established to be the focal point within Government for regional economic development, and to design and implement the Provincial Growth Fund (PGF).
Through the PGF central government has committed to investing $1billion per annum over 3 years in regional economic development with the aim of lifting productivity potential in the provinces. Its priorities are to enhance economic development opportunities, create sustainable jobs, enable Māori to reach their full potential, boost social inclusion and participation, build resilient communities, and help meet New Zealand's climate change targets.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Nicola.Hawkins@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1359752 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Friday the 19th of October 2018.