Digital Channels Advisor | Christchurch
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Digital-Channels-Advisor-PD July 2018.docx (Word, 65KB)
|Application Close Date:||17-Oct-2018|
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with an amazing team and work culture
- Partner with teams in MBIE to provide the best user experience for our website customers
- Champion user needs and best practice use of digital
Why work for us?
If you're passionate about digital user experiences, and experienced in digital content creation, publishing and site maintenance, then we have an exciting opportunity for you.
We're looking for a Digital Channels Advisor to help us deliver effective customer experiences across our websites and digital platforms.
About the team:
We are a busy Digital Channels team with staff based in Wellington and Christchurch. Our role is to ensure MBIE's 40+ websites meet the needs of MBIE and our online customers. We do this by providing customer-centred strategic advice and services. Our operating approach is based around four categories of service:
- Kaitiakitanga / Stewardship
- Business partnering
- Specialist advice and services
- Website support and maintenance
This full-time role reports to a Team Leader within the Digital Channels Team, which sits within the Engagement, Communications and Ministerial Services branch of MBIE.
Skills and experience required:
- Knowledge of web standards, trends, technologies and best practice – and the ability to identify how these can be leveraged to create more valuable offerings.
- Experience in scoping, creating, editing and publishing accessible, timely, accurate, customer-focused digital content (including multi-media).
- Practical understanding of content management systems, HTML, video and image editing tools, and website analytics.
- A proactive and collaborative approach to working, actively seeking ways to add
more value across the team and MBIE.
- A genuine team player aptitude, willing to proactively contribute towards the team's culture, processes and engagement.
MBIE is the lead agency for making it easier for business to work with government. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We do this by working with others to help businesses to be more competitive, improving job opportunities and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Sarah Frost at email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1359693 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday the 17th of October.