Senior Advisor | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Senior Advisor - SNZ - September 2018.pdf (PDF, 347KB)
|Application Close Date:||18-Oct-2018|
- Great opportunity to show your exceptional leadership and analytic skills within Standards New Zealand
- Opportunity to make your mark in delivering a new business strategy
- Permanent opportunity based in our Central Wellington location
A unique opportunity exists to join the Standards New Zealand team as a Senior Advisor to the Manager.
The Standards New Zealand (SNZ) team is responsible for the development and maintenance of hundreds of standards that benefit New Zealand. The team is responsible for developing standards solutions in diverse subject areas such as building and construction, energy safety, health and disability, environmental management, legal risk, information technology, sport and recreation, and fertility services.
Standards help make life safer and easier. They improve the effectiveness and reliability of many goods and services used every day.
Reporting to the Manager, Standards New Zealand within Market Services, the Senior Advisor will be responsible for providing strategic support and advice to the Manager Standards New Zealand, including strategic and tactical thinking in relation to complex policy and service delivery issues. The Senior Advisor will work collaboratively with Team Leaders and staff within the Standards NZ team to gather information and undertake analysis of issues while providing robust advice and guidance and to raise potential risks in relation to the achievement of Standards New Zealand's business objectives.
As a Senior Advisor your responsibilities will include:
- Provide strategic and problem solving support to the Manager Standards NZ in relation to complex policy and service delivery issues
- Work collaboratively with Standards NZ Team Leaders and staff to gather information and undertake analysis of issues, providing robust advice and guidance
- Support and advise the Manager Standards New Zealand in drafting and reviewing Ministerial reports, briefings, media statements and OIA requests
- Lead work on cross-SNZ projects/initiatives as required, or to resolve cross-SNZ issues.
- Represent the Manager Standards NZ in engagements with key internal and external stakeholders·
- Understand the Standards NZ Business Strategy and be able to assess alignment of initiatives, work activities, projects and proposals against Business Strategy objectives
- Undertake risk assessments (formal and informal) to ensure Standards NZ activities and/or input is fit for purpose
Ideally, you will have a range of skills that will include:
- Ability to quickly assimilate new information or areas of work and come to an understanding of unfamiliar and complex issues.
- Proven ability to think strategically, develop frameworks, and manage systems and processes.
- Ability to quickly identify ways of thinking about the problem or issue and possible pathways forward.
- Excellent relationship management skills, with the ability to communicate appropriately and effectively with both internal and external stakeholders
- Dealing with high level, urgent and confidential issues.
- Excellent influencing, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to organise and prioritise workloads effectively, to ensure high quality results within deadlines.
- Sound judgement especially around consideration of risk management.
- Good project planning and management skills.
- Must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand
To apply for this position, please click the ‘Apply Now' button. This will allow you read the position description, complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter.
For further information, please contact Monica Chow at email@example.com quoting reference number MBIE/1359222.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Thursday, 18th October 2018.