Senior Commercial Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Senior Commercial Advisor - SNZ - September 2018.pdf (PDF, 346KB)
|Application Close Date:||18-Oct-2018|
- Have you been involved in the development of sustainable commercial funding models
- Do you have experience of developing and or assessing pricing models and contractual or licensing arrangements
- Can you drive customer and business focused excellence
- Permanent opportunity based in our Central Wellington location
A unique opportunity exists to join the Standards New Zealand team as a Senior Commercial Advisor.
The Standards New Zealand (SNZ) team is responsible for the development and maintenance of hundreds of standards that benefit New Zealand. The team is responsible for developing standards solutions in diverse subject areas such as building and construction, energy safety, health and disability, environmental management, legal risk, information technology, sport and recreation, and fertility services.
Standards help make life safer and easier. They improve the effectiveness and reliability of many goods and services used every day.
Reporting to the Commercial and Sectors Lead, Standards New Zealand within Market Services, the Senior Advisor will assist and support the Commercial and Sectors Lead with the development of a sustainable commercial funding model for Standard's NZ, including pricing models, and contractual and licensing arrangements to support engagement and negotiations with third party providers of value-add products and services. The Senior Commercial Advisor will ensure Standards New Zealand's contracts with international resellers and agreements with other national standards bodies are up to date, fit-for-purpose and compliant with relevant legislation.
As a Senior Commercial Advisor your responsibilities will include:
- Support the Commercial and Sectors Lead to develop a sustainable commercial funding model which includes pricing models to support engagement and negotiations with third party providers of value-add products and services
- Engage with external stakeholders and third party providers to understand their business models and use this understanding to shape Standards NZ's pricing models
- Develop contracts for value-add products and services in conjunction with the MBIE Legal and Procurement teams.
- Liaise with the Senior Advisor Copyright Licensing to ensure Standards New Zealand's contracts with international resellers and agreements with other national standards bodies are up to date, fit-for-purpose and compliant with relevant legislation.
- Use business and market intelligence to identify opportunities for new products and services
Ideally, you will have a range of skills that will include:
- Experience working in or alongside commercial environments, such as in a business development role
- Strong understanding of commercial contracts including negotiation and development of terms and conditions, and of pricing models
- Ability to quickly assimilate new information or areas of work and come to an understanding of unfamiliar and complex issues.
- Proven ability to think strategically, develop frameworks, and manage systems and processes.
- Ability to quickly identify ways of thinking about the problem or issue and possible pathways forward.
- Excellent relationship and stakeholder management skills, with the ability to communicate appropriately and effectively
- Excellent influencing, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Proven ability to develop trust and credibility at the executive level.
- Able to organise and prioritise workloads effectively, to ensure high quality results within deadlines.
- Willingness to work in a flexible and dynamic environment.
- Sound judgement especially around consideration of risk management.
- Must have the legal right to live and work in New Zealand
To apply for this position, please click the ‘Apply Now' button. This will allow you read the position description, complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter.
For further information, please contact Monica Chow at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference number MBIE/1359221.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Thursday, 18th October 2018.