KiwiBuild - Precint Manager Large Scale Projects | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| PD - Precinct Manager - Large Scale Projects.pdf (PDF, 409KB)
|Application Close Date:||28-Sep-2018|
- Wellington based
- Opportunity to help transform the NZ housing market
- Ambitious programme of work focused on creating thriving communities
- Drive innovation to develop new ways to build high quality, affordable homes
We want to grow New Zealand for all New Zealanders – for our communities, our families and our children – to make New Zealand a place where we can all prosper. These aspirations are echoed in our Māori identity – Hīkina Whakatutuki – which broadly means ‘lifting to make successful'.
The KiwiBuild initiative is a key priority for the Government. The programme provides the opportunity for a step-change in the housing and construction sector by increasing land and housing supply, investigating major greenfield and urban regeneration projects as well as exploring innovative ways to address market constraints.
The Government has established the KiwiBuild Unit within the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment to start delivering on the ambitious programme to build 100,000 affordable homes over the next 10 years. The unit has been set up as an interim unit ahead of the Housing Commission, which will ultimately take over the KiwiBuild functions when it is established.
Reporting to the Manager KiwiBuild Large Scale projects you will be part of a team charged with the delivery and due diligence of large scale greenfield and urban regeneration projects to achieve KiwiBuild outcomes. The Precinct Manager will be responsible for leading engagement with key stakeholders on allocated Greenfield and / or urban regeneration projects and the delivery of these.
Who are we looking for?
- Strong large scale development and master-planning experience including zoning, consenting and infrastructure provision
- Development and property experience and a strong understanding of the development life cycle
- Experience working with various teams to master-plan major developments
- In-depth experience preparing and negotiating commercial contracts
- Experience and understanding of relevant government processes and regulations
- Strong stakeholder engagement experience within the private and/or public sectors
- Project management experience that demonstrates ability to lead multiple complex projects and delivery of outcomes successfully
- Strong desire to be part of ambitious programme committed to transforming the NZ Housing market
If you are looking for a role which will provide challenge and the opportunity to significantly change the housing landscape in NZ then we would welcome the opportunity to discuss this role further with you.
For further information and to apply please careers.mbie.govt.nz and search reference number MBIE/1356859.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
For more information or any questions please email Peter.vandeMerwe@mbie.govt.nz.
Applications close 5pm on Friday 28 September 2018.