Commercial Leader | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Commercial Leader Sept 2018_.pdf (PDF, 420KB)
|Application Close Date:||30-Sep-2018|
- Be part of a team of highly skilled commercial, procurement and property specialists
- Manage significant commercial activity on behalf of government agencies
- Permanent opportunity based in Wellington
The New Zealand Government Procurement & Property branch of the Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment (MBIE) has a permanent Commercial Leader position available in its Commercial Pool. The Commercial Leader provides procurement and commercial advice and guidance to government agencies. The role reports to the Manager, Commercial Pool.
The Commercial Pool at MBIE is a team of internal government consultants responsible for supporting other government agencies to develop their overall commercial capability and to provide skills to agencies that are not available within their organisation. The Commercial Pool focuses on complex, risky or strategically important projects.
The Commercial Leader works alongside existing teams within government agencies to lead a range of activities including procurement processes and compliance; preparing procurement documentation; financial analysis; negotiating and drafting contracts; and commercial strategy. The Commercial Leader will provide support for these activities in a pragmatic and constructive way that has a positive impact on the commercial development of the relevant agency and its people.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Commercial, ICT, property, construction and/or procurement experience within government, a regulatory environment or the private sector
- Commercially savvy with a proven track record for pragmatic problem solving
- Experience in leading or significantly contributing to the management of large scale, high profile or high value projects
- Demonstrated ability to critically analyse complex commercial and procurement situations and to design solutions for clients
- Considerable experience in dealing with ambiguity in a complex and dynamic environment
- Quality oral and written communication skills
- Experience in influencing and negotiating with stakeholders, potential suppliers and senior managers
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Strong project leadership within a dynamic environment
- Relevant qualification such as MCIPS, legal, ICT or commercial/ business related discipline is desirable
The successful candidate must be a team player who participates and contributes to a positive culture.
To apply, please click the ‘Apply Now' button. This will allow you to register your details and submit your covering letter and CV for this vacancy.
To find out more about this exciting role, and how to join MBIE, please refer to the attached Role Description or contact Monica Chow on email@example.com.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 30 September 2018.