Commercial Specialist | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Commercial Specialist Sept 2018.pdf (PDF, 343KB)
|Application Close Date:||30-Sep-2018|
- Join a team of highly skilled commercial, procurement and property specialists
- Support the development of commercial capability in government agencies
- Be part of a high performing and dynamic team working on a wide range of significantly important government projects.
- Permanent opportunity based in Wellington
The New Zealand Government Procurement & Property branch of the Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment (MBIE) has a permanent Commercial Specialist position available in its Commercial Pool. The Commercial Specialist provides procurement and commercial advice and guidance to government agencies. The role reports to the Manager, Commercial Pool.
The Commercial Pool at MBIE is a team of internal government consultants responsible for supporting other government agencies to develop their overall commercial capability and to provide skills to agencies that are not available within their organisation. The Commercial Pool focuses on complex, risky or strategically important projects.
The Commercial Specialist works alongside existing teams within government agencies to support a range of activities including procurement processes and compliance; preparing procurement documentation; financial analysis; negotiating and reviewing contracts; and commercial strategies. The Commercial Specialist will provide support for these activities in a pragmatic and constructive way that has a positive impact on the commercial development of the relevant agency and its people. The Commercial Specialist will either work with another member of the team or directly with agencies.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A background in commercial, ICT, property, construction and/or procurement within government, a regulatory environment or the private sector
- Experience in working autonomously in delivering projects
- Demonstrate ability to analyse commercial and/ or procurement situations and to design solutions for clients
- Quality oral and written communication skills
- Experience in working and negotiating with stakeholders, potential suppliers and senior managers
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a real desire to learn and grow while working alongside some great people and projects.
- Relevant qualification such as MCIPS, legal, ICT, project management or commercial/ business related discipline is desirable
The successful candidate must be a team player who participates and contributes to a positive culture.
To apply, please click the ‘Apply Now' button. This will allow you to register your details and submit your covering letter and CV for this vacancy.
To find out more about this exciting role, and how to join MBIE, please refer to the attached Role Description or contact Monica Chow on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close at 5pm on Sunday 30 September 2018.