Senior Stakeholder Engagement Advisor | Auckland
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD Senior Stakeholder Engagement Advisor September 2018.pdf (PDF, 429KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Sep-2018|
- Responsible for the customer voice within our organisation
- Leads the development and implementation of engagement and communication strategies
- 6 month Fixed Term and Permanent opportunity, Auckland based
The Senior Stakeholder Engagement Advisor position reports to the Stakeholder Engagement Manager, within the Companies Office of New Zealand. The Companies Office delivers regulatory services digitally, enabling business efficiency, and making it easy to do business in New Zealand.
We act as translators between our customers and our business, providing best in class customer experiences. We work collaboratively across a number of external and internal stakeholder groups to deliver the best possible outcomes for our customers.
We are inspired and driven by the objective of ‘less time on government, more time on business' with our various customer segments.
We have two opportunities, a permanent role and a 6 month fixed term opportunity. The six month contract is to provide maternity cover, working on the Personal Property Securities Register and providing support for other team members.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience in developing and implementing engagement and communication strategies.
- Experience in designing and delivering education/awareness programmes, ideally including behavioural change.
- Proven ability to build and maintain constructive and effective relationships at all levels, internally and externally and to collaborate across a diverse group of teams.
- While this is not a technical subject matter expert role, the successful candidate must be comfortable to become skilled in the technical details of the registers you will be responsible for.
- Understanding of marketing communications principles, research and analysis.
- Excellent writing, editing and oral communications skills demonstrating experience in tailoring messages to different audiences.
- Experience in project management and time management.
- A working knowledge of the principles of design thinking and working with cross discipline teams using the agile methodology while not necessary, would be an advantage.
- Experience managing digital communications channels including website, social media and e-newsletters.
- An inquisitive mind.
- Proven ability to generate solutions and be results based, rather than focus on problems.
- Must be a NZ citizen or hold a residence class Visa.
To find out more about this exciting role, and how to join MBIE, please refer to the attached Role Description or contact Monica Chow on firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, please click the ‘Apply Now' button. This will allow you to register your details and submit your covering letter and CV for this vacancy. Please indicate whether you are keen on the permanent position, fixed term position or you are happy with either opportunity.
Applications close 5pm, 27 September 2018.