KiwiBuild - Team leader Compliance (and Enforcement) | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| PD - Team Leader - Compliance Team.pdf (PDF, 416KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Sep-2018|
- Leadership opportunity for creating and leading a high performing compliance and enforcement team
- Ambitious programme of work focused on creating thriving communities
- Wellington based – 2 year fixed term
We want to grow New Zealand for all New Zealanders – for our communities, our families and our children – to make New Zealand a place where we can all prosper. These aspirations are echoed in our Māori identity – Hīkina Whakatutuki – which broadly means ‘lifting to make successful'.
The KiwiBuild initiative is a key priority for the Government. The programme provides the opportunity for a step-change in the housing and construction sector by increasing land and housing supply, investigating major greenfield and urban regeneration projects as well as exploring innovative ways to address market constraints.
The Government has established the KiwiBuild Unit within the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment to start delivering on the ambitious programme to build 100,000 affordable homes over the next 10 years. The unit has been set up as an interim unit ahead of the Housing Commission, which will ultimately take over the KiwiBuild functions when it is established.
About the role
Reporting to the General Manager Allocation and Compliance, the Team Leader of the Compliance Team will be part of a wider team responsible for the ongoing eligibility screening, allocation and management of housing for first home buyers including compliance and enforcement processes.
The Team Leader Compliance team is responsible for leading the set-up of the compliance and enforcement processes for the successful KiwiBuild ballot winners and those who purchase KiwiBuild homes. This includes ensuring compliance and enforcement of the contractual requirements of owning a KiwiBuild home and the ongoing management of these systems and processes.
This will include managing and developing the team, along with continuous improvement as processes evolve.
Required Skills and Experience
- Proven successful team leadership experience including ability to build and grow a team and create an inclusive and engaged culture.
- Sound experience in compliance and enforcement processes or operations (or similar) including the development, management, and continuous improvement of processes, criteria, and systems.
- Ability to identify and appropriately manage risk.
- Proven experience in a customer service environment including setting and measuring customer service standards, and managing and resolving complaints.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining an environment focused on continuous improvement to enhance organisational performance.
- Understanding of relevant legislation such as the Privacy Act.
- Ability to quickly establish and build strong working relationships.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Please note, to be considered for the role, you must have legal right to live and work in New Zealand.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to the application page. From here you can upload your CV and cover letter.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Peter.vandeMerwe@mbie.govt.nz if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Thursday 27 September 2018.