Manager Commercial Operations | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Manager Commercial Operations - September 2018.pdf (PDF, 351KB)
|Application Close Date:||27-Sep-2018|
- Use your extensive commercial, project, procurement and / or property expertise
- Determine and implement options to resolve critical issues
- Permanent opportunity based in Wellington location
The New Zealand Government Procurement & Property (NZGPP) branch has an exciting opportunity available for a person who can see the big picture, without losing sight on the detail. This permanent position will use your extensive commercial, project, procurement and/or property expertise to implement and deliver the strategic and operational direction and outputs for the Delivery Services function.
Interested? Read on.
This opportunity reports to the Director Delivery Services NZGPP and provides intellectual support, critical thinking and quality assurance while assuming the role of Director Delivery Services in the Director's absence.
This role is a senior leadership position within NZGPP and supports the Director Delivery Services in providing cross-government procurement and property leadership, and alignment between the various functions within the NZGPP team. It problem solves issues and acts as a mentor for the Delivery Services team.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Considerable procurement / property / project management and commercial experience within government, a regulatory environment or the private sector
- Demonstrated ability to critically analyse complex situations and to recommend and design robust solutions
- Significant experience in influencing and negotiating with stakeholders, suppliers, senior managers, property managers
- Excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrated by credibility, personal or collaborative influence, managing expectations and targeted persuasion
- High degree of political nous and a strong working knowledge of the machinery of government
- Considerable experience in dealing with ambiguity in a complex and dynamic environment
- Considerable experience in developing and maintaining systems which ensure that operational outputs for an organisation are delivered in an efficient and effective manner
- Extensive experience in business planning, delivery of business plans and reporting
- Considerable experience in articulating and giving effect to an organisational strategy and other key priority work programmes
- Experience using and implementing best practice frameworks
If you can demonstrate the skills required for this role, we would like to hear from you. For further information and a confidential discussion, please contact Graham Pomeroy by email email@example.com
To apply, click on the “Apply Now” button which will take you to our career website. You will need to complete the application form and submit your CV and cover letter outlining your suitability for this role. All applications must be submitted via our online process.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Wednesday 26 September 2018.