Advisor and Senior Advisor - Building Performance | Wellington
|Category:||Property and Valuation|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Senior Advisor Building Performance Position Description.pdf (PDF, 358KB)
Advisor Building Performance Position Description.pdf (PDF, 426KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Sep-2018|
- Opportunity to use your expertise and knowledge to advise the Government on building performance requirements
- Develop and grow your expertise in regulatory practice
- Use your technical expertise to create better outcomes for NZ
What we do in Building Performance and Engineering
The Building Performance and Engineering team are the stewards of the Building Code, providing technical leadership and critical thinking to give effect to the purpose and principles of the Building Act. We develop and maintain the Building Code System including the acceptable solutions, verification methods, guidance and Building Code performance settings.
How we work
We develop and maintain the Building Code System by:
- Working in a manner the supports systems thinking.
- Delivering a Building Code that reflects acceptable risk settings.
- Engaging with building sector technical expertise; and ensuring that the sector is healthy and enabled to succeed.
- Actively monitoring and engaging with the sector to inform, update and maintain the Building Code settings, compliance documents, and guidance, in a structured manner.
We work with a broad range of building sector stakeholders. You will work on several projects at once and no two days will be the same.
About the Advisor and Senior Advisor Building Performance
We have permanent opportunities for Advisors/Senior Advisors (Technical) to join the Building Performance team within the Building System Performance branch.
You will be responsible for providing technical and regulatory advice for implementing changes to New Zealand's building code, acceptable solutions, verification methods and building standards in relation to the New Zealand built environment.
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A relevant tertiary building qualification and experience in building design and construction
- Specialist experience in building and construction
- Strong communication and writing skills, enabling you to communicate complex technical issues in a way that non-building people can understand
- Proven ability to take the lead on your own work and contribute to the work of the Building Performance team
- An understanding of both the wider environment in which the Ministry operates and the regulatory frameworks and leavers
- Knowledge of building services or plumbing and drainage would be an advantage
About the organisation
At Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
MBIE works to better support connect and strengthen businesses. It backs New Zealand's talent, ideas, and business enterprise through ensuring safe and fair workplaces, developing and supporting the science and innovation system, better supporting businesses, and streamlining regulation.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website (careers.mbie.govt.nz) where you can find the position descriptions, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter.
Please state in your cover letter whether you are applying for the Senior Advisor or Advisor Building Performance
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Peter van de Merwe at Peter.vandeMerwe@mbie.govt.nz if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5 pm on Wednesday 26th September 2018.