KiwiBuild - Manager Ministerial Services | Wellington
|Position Type:||Fixed Term Contract|
|Attachments:|| KB PD - Manager Ministerial Services.pdf (PDF, 357KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Aug-2018|
- Opportunity for a professional with strong ministerial communication experience and understanding of ministerial process.
- Ambitious programme of work focused on creating thriving communities
- Wellington based – 2 year fixed term
We want to grow New Zealand for all New Zealanders – for our communities, our families and our children – to make New Zealand a place where we can all prosper. These aspirations are echoed in our Māori identity – Hīkina Whakatutuki – which broadly means ‘lifting to make successful'.
The KiwiBuild initiative is a key priority for the Government. The programme provides the opportunity for a step-change in the housing and construction sector by increasing land and housing supply, investigating major greenfield and urban regeneration projects as well as exploring innovative ways to address market constraints.
The Government has established the KiwiBuild Unit within the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment to start delivering on the ambitious programme to build 100,000 affordable homes over the next 10 years. The unit has been set up as an interim unit ahead of the Housing Commission, which will ultimately take over the KiwiBuild functions when it is established.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced professional with their strong knowledge and indepth experience in the machinery of government. The Manager Ministerial Services will be accountable for managing, monitoring, and reporting on PQs, WPQs, OIAs, ministerial briefings and reports, cabinet papers, and related ministerial collateral
Reporting to the General Manager Stakeholder Engagement and Communications within KiwiBuild, this role will be part of a small team responsible for marketing, liaison and communications with the Minister's office, media, social media, the KiwiBuild website, stakeholder management, and Ministerial Services.
Required Skills and Experience
- Political acumen and indepth knowledge and proven experience in the machinery of government.
- Proven experience in writing responses to OIAs, Parliamentary Questions, Ministerial correspondence, Weekly Status Reports etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation, rules and regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with an eye for detail and high level of accuracy
- High integrity and ability in handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to work well under pressure and to tight timeframes.
- Must have legal right to live and work in New Zealand
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to the application page. From here you can upload your CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Peter.vandeMerwe@mbie.govt.nz if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 22nd August 2018.