MANAGER BUSINESS & OPERATIONS SUPPORT | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Manager Business and Operations Support - August 2018.pdf (PDF, 363KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Aug-2018|
- Dynamic and challenging role with the ability to enhance organisational performance
- Take ownership of strategic outcomes and deliverables
- ‘Make things happen' – through and with others
- Show your exceptional advisory skills and intellectual capability
- Permanent opportunity, Wellington location
About the role:
MBIE's purpose is to grow New Zealand for all. Achieving this will mean better standards of living for all New Zealanders. Our group – Market Services - delivers high impact outcomes to support fair markets that thrive.
The Manager Business and Operations Support is a team leadership and management position. This role supports the General Manager of the Consumer Protection and Standards branch to provide leadership and management in the provision of efficient and effective corporate processes and procedures, issues management, supplier liaison and management, corporate services that facilitate the branch's delivery of its statutory functions and supporting the branch to work effectively across regulatory systems.
The Manager Business and Operations Support will lead and manage effective business systems to facilitate the branch's demanding work programme and to contribute to planning and meeting the Ministry's, Group's and Branch's planning and operational priorities, monitoring and reporting on these activities to achieve successful business outcomes.
Skills and experience required:
- Experience as an operational leader in a regulatory environment and experience working across regulatory systems.
- Ability to influence and work through others where direct reporting relationships do not exist and understanding and acceptance of the support elements of the role,
- A deep understanding of quality management systems, quality assurance, and continuous improvement processes.
- Proven experience of leading and communicating in a clear, persuasive, and impactful way to convince others to embrace change and take action.
- Ability to provide intellectual and strategic leadership and advice on how to effectively develop, implement, and deliver key initiatives. Including an understanding of project management processes such as leading projects, planning, governance, reporting and tracking, and risk management
- Excellent understanding of the machinery of government and accountability (financial and non-financial) reporting obligations
- Exceptional relationship management skills with a proven ability to work, lead and influence across different business groups and levels
- Ability to think strategically and identify ways of “thinking about” the problem or opportunity as well as possible solutions
- Strong political nous
- High level of accuracy, attention to detail, and drive essential
- Must have legal right to live and work in NZ
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Fi Sanderson at Fi.Sanderson@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1350337 you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Thursday 23 August 2018.