Immigration Officer | Mumbai
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Position Description - Immigration Officer.pdf (PDF, 356KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Aug-2018|
- Are you comfortable making decisions in a fast-paced, operational environment?
- Make a difference with Immigration New Zealand
- Mumbai location
- Permanent locally engaged position
About MBIE and Immigration New Zealand:
The Visa Services Group is part of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE). The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow New Zealand's economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. Immigration New Zealand has an active role in this by bringing the best people New Zealand needs to prosper.
We look for people who are passionate about New Zealand and enthusiastic about making a positive change to our economy, our people and our safety. We currently have an opportunity within our Mumbai Office for a highly motivated person to join our team as an Immigration Officer.
About the role:
Immigration New Zealand is an extremely complex and dynamic environment. Our officers are highly skilled and driven.
As an Immigration Officer you will be taking information available to you, and using this to make sound decisions for processing visa applications. You will be interpreting immigration legislation, and utilising your proven analysis, judgement and decision making abilities to make quality immigration decisions.
To be successful in this role you will have demonstrated experience in:
- Experience in a high volume customer service or service delivery environment
- Mental agility – able to comprehend, interpret and apply policy and demonstrate nimble learning
- Effective written and verbal communication skills – ability to convey concepts, policy and technical information clearly, accurately and concisely to a wide audience
- Well organised with good time management skills. Able to effectively prioritise and manage variable workloads
- Computer literacy (MS Office) with ability to learn new systems and applications quickly
- Motivated and positive team player
- A relevant tertiary qualification would be advantageous
We offer extensive on-going on the job training to candidates who are successful in the role.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below to be directed to our on-line careers website. Here you can view a position description, complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and Cover Letter (tell us why you would be a great addition to the Immigration Officer team). For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
If you have any further questions please contact Jo Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting MBIE/1350271
Recruitment process may involve, the Watson Glaser Critical Thinking exercise and a face-to-face interview.
Applications close at 5pm on the 23rd August 2018 (NZ)