Senior Policy Advisor - Urban Development | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| JD Senior Policy Advisor.pdf (PDF, 380KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Aug-2018|
- Advance your career in a dynamic team that is working on quality urban development in our growing cities including affordable housing
- Be well rewarded for your hard work and actively make a real difference to Kiwi lives
- Get involved with hands-on legislative or regulatory work that gets decision-maker attention
About the opportunity
The team works on the challenges of urban development – building homes and thriving communities in our fastest growing centres. We are a collaborative and results-driven team that also enjoys a fun and sociable environment.
You will work on new legislation to establish an Urban Development Authority. We would like expertise in development, planning or infrastructure systems, or a desire to learn quickly about those issues and lead an ambitious legislative project. Our team has an opportunity for a professional Senior Policy Advisor to join the crew.
You will be in an influential policy role and you'll be supported to hit the ground running. Your work will be varied and meaningful, providing plentiful opportunities for development. We'll invest in your future development and reward you well.
Our new Senior Policy Advisor will have:
- the ability to synthesise and advise on complex policy issues with analytical savvy that responds to the Minister's needs in creative ways
- the people skills needed to collaborate with a diverse range of stakeholders – both private and public sector
- the ability to develop new and innovative solutions to New Zealand's housing and urban development challenges
- confidence in challenging the status quo
- outstanding writing skills, with clear and succinct communication.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
Ministry of Housing and Urban Development
The functions of this branch will transfer to the new Ministry of Housing and Urban Development, adding to the exciting opportunity to shape the future policy agenda in this area.
The Ministry of Housing and Urban Development will be the Government's lead advisor on urban development. We will help deliver on the Government's priorities to make housing more affordable and lift the performance of our urban areas to ensure they improve the wellbeing of all New Zealanders and make our cities work better. We will achieve this through a mix of leading, facilitating and coordinating the Government's agenda for housing and urban development.
How to Apply
Click on the APPLY button below to view a position description, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Peter.vandeMerwe@mbie.govt.nz if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday 22 August 2018.