Director Government Centre for Dispute Resolution | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| GCDR Director PD - July 2018.pdf (PDF, 361KB)
|Application Close Date:||21-Aug-2018|
- Strategic Policy and Programmes - Strategic Programmes Branch
- Lead and influence cross-cutting work within MBIE and across Government
- Work at the interface of policy and operations
- Permanent Wellington based role
About the role:
We are seeking a Director for the Government Centre for Dispute Resolution to join the Strategic Programmes Branch within the Strategic Policy and Programmes Group. This is a senior role supporting the General Manager Strategic Programmes that requires both the ability to be able to develop and apply policy, manage a highly performing team, and work across the branch and influence the work of the Ministry and more broadly across government.
As the Director of the GCDR you will lead the delivery of the work programme of the centre and provide leadership of complex whole-of-government and multi-sector dispute resolution issues. You do not need to be a dispute resolution practitioner, however you will need a strong interest in dispute resolution and be able to apply your policy nous and extensive relationship management skills to be able to work across the broader dispute resolution sector.
You will work also lead and manage a multi-disciplinary team which needs to be able to engage with a range of staff and stakeholders. You will need to drive and own a collective work programme that is supported across the Ministry.
About MBIE's Strategic Programmes Branch:
The Strategic Programmes Branch houses strategically important programmes that require significant leadership and/or shaping from the CE and collaboration across MBIE. The Branch was created in February 2017 and currently includes Pasifika, Government Centre for Dispute Resolution, Better for Business, the Chief Data and Insights Officer and the Director Auckland.
Strategic Programmes works closely with a range of other internal and external stakeholders including other policy teams and service delivery arms within MBIE, other Government agencies, regions, industry and businesses.
Why work for us:
- The Strategic Policy and Programmes Group vision is: “Looking ahead and working across – Haumi ē, Hui ē, Taiki ē.” Our value proposition is that we imagine, influence, incubate and integrate our work across MBIE and beyond.
- We are a highly engaged and committed team working collaboratively with MBIE and Government colleagues to improve services and outcomes for all New Zealanders
Skills and Experience:
To be considered for this role you will need more than just policy smarts – we also need someone with drive who can achieve ambitious goals and create and implement real solutions working at the interface of the policy and operational parts of government.
- The ability to think, plan and act strategically; to engage others in the vision, and position MBIE to meet customer and future needs
- A demonstrated ability to leverage your relationships with stakeholders to influence and to find ways through complex issues
- The ability to make connections within and between work programmes across the organisation and beyond.
- The desire to work on whole-of-organisation, whole-of-government and whole-of-public sector issues.
- A tertiary qualification, preferably post-graduate, in social science, economics, law, public policy or a related discipline and relevant experience in a senior public sector role.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to the application page. From here you can upload your CV and cover letter.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Sarah.Frost@mbie.govt.nz quoting ref MBIE/1349935 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Tuesday the 21st of August 2018.