FINANCE OPERATIONS OFFICER | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Finance Operations Officer - March 2018.pdf (PDF, 343KB)
|Application Close Date:||22-Aug-2018|
- Contribute to the success of the Finance Operations team
- Bring along enthusiasm and fun while contributing to help the team reach their goals
- Wellington-based CBD location in our fantastic Stout Street Offices
About the role:
As part of this very busy and evolving team, you will bring with you knowledge and experience that will assist the team to reach their objectives. The team raises a large volume of Accounts Receivable documents using a variety of methods, working across the Financial Control Team, Finance and Performance in general and the business as a whole.
This is a varied role which supports the whole of the operations team, and responsibilities include:
- Providing support to ensure we deliver on objectives
- Delivering excellent customer service to both internal and external customers, going the extra mile to meet and exceed expectations
- Building relationships across a variety of teams, raising and maintaining a positive profile for and within MBIE
You will need to be open to change and demonstrate agility and resilience as the team and ways working are constantly evolving. You will also display acceptance and flexibility as this team is a very diverse group of people.
Why work for us?
This is a great opportunity for you to join our inspiring team in delivering world-class support to one of NZ's largest government departments. If you're excited to help drive a culture of innovation and change while maintaining an environment which upholds strong financial controls, then this role is for you.
We also take the time to create a work environment that is enjoyable for all. This means we like to have fun but at the same time we take responsibility for our actions, encourage excellence and proactively support development through on-the-job learning, training courses, conferences and seminars, development programmes, secondments and study opportunities.
Skills and experience required:
- Previous experience in a high volume account receivable environment is essential
- Experience in the government sector is desirable, though not essential
- Experience with Technology 1 FMIS package would be an advantage
- An excellent eye for detail, resulting in accurate data entry is essential
- A relevant tertiary qualification is desirable, though not essential
- Must have legal right to live and work in NZ
MBIE is the lead agency for making it easier for business to work with government. MBIE's purpose is to grow the New Zealand economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. We do this by working with others to help businesses to be more competitive, improving job opportunities and by ensuring quality housing is more affordable.
This permanent role will report to the Finance Operations Team Leader, within the Finance Operations team. We form part of the Finance and Performance Group of MBIE.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Sarah Frost at email@example.com quoting ref MBIE/1349603 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Wednesday the 22nd of August.