Senior Engagement and Communications Advisor | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD Senior Engagement and Communications Advisor CERT NZ SSD MS Jun18.doc (Word, 112KB)
|Application Close Date:||20-Aug-2018|
- Are you a communications professional with experience dealing with the media, external communications, and managing digital communication channels?
- Do you have proven skills in understanding audience needs, writing tailored content for technical and non-technical audiences, fit-for-purpose for a variety of channels?
- If so, join CERT NZ and provide communications expertise in an exciting team working in the highly topical, global area of cyber security
- Permanent role, central Wellington office
We're looking for people who are passionate and enthusiastic about making a positive change to our economy, our businesses and our people.
CERT NZ is a relatively new government-enabled organisation that advises everyday New Zealanders and organisations on how to avoid and manage cyber security threats. We work across the private and public sectors and with our international partners to address cyber security threats to New Zealand. This includes working alongside key incident referral partners NZ Police, Department of Internal Affairs, Netsafe and the National Cyber Security Centre.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced communications professional to join CERT NZ. We're a small, high-performing team with a big and highly topical mandate. We need people who can operate at a strategic level but aren't afraid to get their hands dirty and do the work too. Because we're a relatively new unit, we're still building and you'll have the opportunity to influence, shape, and be proactive.
In this role, you will have lead responsibilities for our e-news portfolio, for the delivery of products like our Quarterly Report from production right through to promotion, and for developing web and interactive cyber security content for everyday New Zealanders. You will also have a key role in the delivery of our proactive and reactive media strategy. You need to be able to understand the needs of a varied customer base and be highly capable of tailoring tone and language to suit different audiences, from everyday kiwis through to technical specialists. You'll need knowledge of digital channels and best practice. And you'll need to be extremely proactive and driven to shape and mould the work of the unit.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- A demonstrated ability to take a strategic, proactive approach to communications
- Experience dealing with the media
- Proven ability and experience in communications, digital channel management (particularly web and e-news), and writing tailored content for different audiences
- Strong writing, editing and oral communications skills, with the ability to convey complex technical information in an easy to understand manner
- A strength in developing constructive relationships at all levels
- Experience with marketing, search engine optimisation and other digital tactics are an advantage.
To find out more about this position and how to join MBIE, please refer to the attached Position Description or contact Fi Sanderson at email@example.com quoting reference number MBIE/1348635if you have further questions.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
To apply for this position, please click the ‘Apply Now' button. This will allow you to register your details and submit your application for this vacancy.
Applications close at 5.00pm on Monday 20 August 2018.