Operations Manager Hamilton | Hamilton
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Compliance & Border Operations - Operations Manager (Compliance) PD.pdf (PDF, 377KB)
Compliance & Border Operations - Operations Manager (Compliance) PD.pdf (PDF, 377KB)
|Application Close Date:||20-Aug-2018|
- Permanent full time position – Hamilton based
- Lead a team within a high-pressured and diverse operational environment undertaking both compliance and investigations activity
- Managing risk and preventing and detecting harm in the Immigration System
- Bringing the best people New Zealand needs to prosper
About the Role
The Operations Manager Compliance and Investigations (C & I) Hamilton is a new role which will provide frontline leadership and management within the Compliance and Investigations (C & I) branch of CRIS (Compliance, Risk and Intelligence Services), and will provide critical operational support and advice to the Area Manager Central and Southern.
CRIS is tasked with preventing and responding to immigration related offending and non-compliance. We develop and provide the products and services that support quality decision making, ensuring that assessment and risk are managed at the earliest point in the immigration process. We ensure that New Zealand's borders are safe and that those individuals and groups that offend against the immigration act are dealt with promptly and efficiently. CRIS plays a critical role in ensuring that Immigration New Zealand can deliver on its vison in ensuring that we bring the best people New Zealand needs to prosper.
The Ops Manager Hamilton will bring their business understanding and perspective to work in partnership with other managers and staff both internally and externally.
The role is responsible for enhancing the overall capability of the team to ensure consistency of advice and practises, and the day to day delivery of compliance outcomes, investigations outcomes, or both, throughout their geographic area of responsibility.
This role is critical for the development, setting and communicating of the strategic direction, priorities, operational planning, tasking and coordination of operational activities in the region. Operations Managers are relied on to lead, build and imbed a culture within Compliance and Investigations of a strong, positive team, client and customer focussed environment.
The successful applicant will have (refer to the job description for the full list of skills and experience required):
- Experience at a senior level of successfully leading and managing teams in a high pressure operational environment
- Ability to make critical decisions in a high pressured environment
- Proven ability to develop trust and credibility with staff, managers, and customers
- Proven experience and working knowledge of the Regulatory sector and the role of Government
- Proven experience in the development and delivery of large scale work programmes at a senior level
- Proven ability to work in a multi-agency operating environment
- A strong proven enforcement and regulatory background, with preference given to those applicants with Investigations and Prosecutions knowledge.
Applicants must be New Zealand citizens or New Zealand permanent residents and be eligible to obtain and maintain appropriate national security clearances.
About the organisation/branch:
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow New Zealand for all. Our goal is to create a strong and high-performing economy by creating an environment that supports businesses to become more productive and internationally competitive.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter.
For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via the online advertisement.
Email Fi Sanderson at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ref MBIE/1347832 if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 20 August 2018