Technical Trainer | Wellington
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Employment Services Technical Trainer PD June 2018.pdf (PDF, 299KB)
|Application Close Date:||26-Jul-2018|
- Do you want to work in an area where what you do will make a real difference to NZ?
- Are you a people trainer experienced in both technical and behaviour based training development and delivery?
- Scope for leading and involvement across a wide range of work
We are looking for a Trainer to support our Employment Services Branch.
You will work with our wider Learning & Development team to create and deliver innovative and effective learning and development content to the Employment Services Branch.
You will undertake training needs analysis and determine the learning and development priorities, scope programmes of work, lead the design, development and delivery of the training programme for new and existing members of the Branch.
You will assess the success of the programme over time, as well as guiding senior staff members and managers as they provide mentoring and coaching to staff.
The successful candidate will have:
- Demonstrated experience in setting direction for learning and development functions, and operationalising that to achieve strategic goals
- Writes clear and complete reports with robust analysis, sound conclusions and effective recommendations.
- Experience leading projects involving business representatives and third party providers to deliver training solutions
- Excellent communication and influencing skills, and a proven ability to engage and influence staff behaviours and practice, providing appropriate challenges when necessary.
- Experience in group facilitation skills.
- Significant experience in the analysis, design and delivery of technical or behavioural skills training ideally in a regulatory and compliance environment, including using technology to create efficient, engaging and innovative learning solutions for dispersed learners.
Why work for MBIE?
This is an opportunity to work in a rewarding and challenging environment, in a collaborative and results-driven team that also enjoys a fun and sociable environment.
Our focus on continuous business improvement means we value innovation and new ideas. As part of MBIE, you will have opportunities to develop your skills and progress your career.
Appointment range circa $85,000 - $95,000 depending on relevant experience.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below in order to be directed to our on-line careers website. You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on 26 July 2018.