Policy Advisor - Urban Development | Wellington
|Category:||Policy and Research|
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| PD - Policy Advisor June 2015.pdf (PDF, 346KB)
|Application Close Date:||23-Jul-2018|
- Advance your career in a dynamic and committed team, based in Wellington CBD
- Tackle the important issues of affordable housing and quality urban development in our growing cities
- Be well rewarded for your hard work and actively make a real difference to Kiwi lives
The team works on the challenges of urban development – building homes and thriving communities in our fastest growing centres. Ideally we'd like more expertise in planning, development and infrastructure systems, or a desire to learn quickly about those issues. You might work on transformative city-shaping legislation or with the development sector on delivering affordable housing or with councils to plan for more growth.
Our team has an opportunity for a Policy Advisor to join the crew. This is a great opportunity if you are seeking an influential and rewarding policy role. You will be supported to hit the ground running. Your work will be varied and meaningful, providing plentiful opportunities for development. We'll value and invest in your future development and reward you well. We are a collaborative and results-driven team that also enjoys a fun and sociable environment.
Our new Policy Advisor will have:
- the ability to synthesise and advise on policy issues with analytical savvy that responds to the Minister's needs in creative ways
- the people skills needed to collaborate with a diverse range of stakeholders – both private and public sector
- the ability to develop new and innovative solutions to New Zealand's housing challenges
- confidence in challenging the status quo
- outstanding writing skills, with clear and succinct communication
- at least one year of policy experience.
This is an exciting opportunity to help shape the future policy agenda in housing and urban development area.
If this sounds like you, we would love to hear from you.
How to apply
Click on the APPLY button below and be directed to our on-line careers website (careers.mbie.govt.nz).
You may view a position description at this site, as well as complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and cover letter. For tracking and evaluation purposes, all applications must be submitted via our on-line process.
Email Peter van de Merwe at Peter.vandeMerwe@mbie.govt.nz if you have any further questions.
Applications close at 5pm on Monday 23rd July 2018.