Immigration Officer - Immigration New Zealand | Auckland
|Position Type:||Ongoing - Full Time|
|Attachments:|| Visa Services - Immigration Officer PD.pdf (PDF, 365KB)
|Application Close Date:||24-Jul-2018|
- Are you comfortable making decisions in a fast-paced, operational environment?
- Manukau location - handy to public transportation hub!
- Starting salary between $45k to $55K pa, based on experience.
What will you do as an Immigration Officer?
The Manukau Office is fast paced and dynamic. As an Immigration Officer you will be taking information available to you, and using this to make sound decisions for processing visa applications. You will be interpreting immigration legislation, and utilising your proven analysis, judgement and decision making abilities to make quality immigration decisions.
On your first day you would bring:
- Experience in a high volume customer service or service delivery environment
- Mental agility – able to comprehend, interpret and apply policy and demonstrate nimble learning
- Effective written and verbal communication skills – ability to convey concepts, policy and technical information clearly, accurately and concisely to a wide audience
- Well organised with good time management skills. Able to effectively prioritise and manage variable workloads
- Computer literacy (MS Office) with ability to learn new systems and applications quickly
- Motivated and positive team player
- A relevant tertiary qualification would be advantageous
About MBIE and Immigration New Zealand:
The purpose of the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE) is to grow New Zealand's economy to provide a better standard of living for all New Zealanders. Immigration New Zealand has an active role in this by bringing the best people New Zealand needs to prosper.
We look for people who are passionate about New Zealand and enthusiastic about making a positive change to our economy, our people and our safety.
We offer extensive on-going on the job training to candidates who are successful in the role.
How to apply:
Click on the APPLY button below to be directed to our on-line careers website. Here you can view a position description, complete the on-line application, and upload a CV and Cover Letter (tell us why you would be a great addition to the Immigration Officer team).
All applications must be submitted via our on-line advertisement.
If you have any further questions please contact Nikki Manning-English at Nikki.Manning-English@mbie.govt.nz quoting MBIE/1344295
Recruitment process will involve a Sonru video introduction, the Watson Glaser Critical Thinking exercise and a face-to-face interview.
Applications closes at 5pm on Tuesday 24th July 2018